I need help with short margin

B

BrianCha

Reaction score
Currently I am using zubler 300 pressing for my emax crowns. recently I am having issue with short margins. Please take a look at the pictures and I would love to get some advise from whoever using zubler pressing unit.

Margins looks like tooth of saw.....

how do I post pictures? if anyone willing to help please provide your email address or phone numbers I will send picture of the actual short margin emax.

thanks

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Just create a flikr.com account, then post the image url in your text box, like this...
7603685442_771b48413c.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Currently I am using zubler 300 pressing for my emax crowns. recently I am having issue with short margins. Please take a look at the pictures and I would love to get some advise from whoever using zubler pressing unit.

how do I post pictures? if anyone willing to help please provide your email address or phone numbers I will send picture of the actual short margin emax.

thanks
Ask the Zubler guys if anybody in the world knows something about it your at the right adress

B

Brian Chahs

Reaction score

thanks

https://www.flickr.com/gp/125438696@N07/05xao6

https://www.flickr.com/gp/125438696@N07/17nH6v

I had to lift up the copying from the abutment so you guys can see better.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Post your question in "Kurt's Roadhouse", that's the Zubler forum and I'm sure they can tell you what's going on.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Got a feeling Marcus solved the problem.. high air pressure..
What materials and micron size are you using in your sandblaster, and air pressure ?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I don't think it's the sandblaster. If the sandblaster were a problem it would create rounded margins.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
are you using an ash free wax?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I don't think it's the sandblaster. If the sandblaster were a problem it would create rounded margins.
I don't think its blasting the margin away, I think its chipping it away.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
looks like possible improper burnout. check your burnout calibration.
are you burning out a wax pattern or some other material?

B

Brian Chahs

Reaction score
are you using an ash free wax?

yes I am using ash free wax. I have been using this was for long time and zubler furnace was pressing fine for 3 month...now for month I am having issue with this problem....I had to seal all the margin....

B

Brian Chahs

Reaction score
looks like possible improper burnout. check your burnout calibration.
are you burning out a wax pattern or some other material?

I am not using wax pattern. I am just using ash free wax, I have been using this wax for long time and had no issue. I am thinking maybe the air pressure when it press could be low? I left at 5 bar but I am thinking trying 5.5.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I am not using wax pattern. I am just using ash free wax, I have been using this wax for long time and had no issue. I am thinking maybe the air pressure when it press could be low? I left at 5 bar but I am thinking trying 5.5.
I dont know how the margins could be so chipped, sharp, shark toothed, from a mispress...
Just go back to basics, reset your machines to default rates, temps, ratios, etc... As if you never pressed before and busted out the manual for your furnace, press, and materials...

P

paulter317

Reaction score
I thing you still have a lot of reaction layer inside the crown. Try to use “Invex Liquid” or sandblast inside well. IMO. ? Take the pictures inside.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
wax pattern/ash free wax, thats what i meant. im not familiar with Zubler presses, so its possible. check your vac pump too? im sure the press has a vac test

user name

user name

Reaction score
Don't use a cleaner/surfactant. Don't allow the ring to be bumped or vibrated after the pattern is covered. if you use a leveling cap, place it immediately. Push the start button 10 minutes before you place the ring in the Zubler; the muffle is massive and requires some heat soak. Don't invest small patterns by themselves; you need to throw on a dummy at the same height to insure your pattern fills completely.
Also...that pattern isn't much more than a coping. You need more material for porcelain support.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think you are pressing at to high a temperature