I need a New PC for Scanning and Designing 3Shape

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I was thinking of building it myself with AMD components but I've heard rumors of issues with 3shape software. Could anyone that has experience building their own rigs provide me with some light in this matter?

My proposed 3shape AMD build:
If you ever want their support, they will always blame your built computer for them not to solve the issue.

T

TanMan

Reaction score
If you ever want their support, they will always blame your built computer for them not to solve the issue.

What I did was buy their computer, upgrade my hardware, then when SHTF, I plan to put the old components back and blame them. Hasn't failed yet, but I did take a backup image/drive clone of when I first got it in case of downtime.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What I did was buy their computer, upgrade my hardware, then when SHTF, I plan to put the old components back and blame them. Hasn't failed yet, but I did take a backup image/drive clone of when I first got it in case of downtime.
What imaging software? Clonzilla? Norton Ghost? Drive mfg supplied free one?

T

TanMan

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect with a PCIe to NVMe adapter. I used that software since it has a feature where it can assist with bootloading problems with dissimilar hardware.

Edit: The big plus with this method is now I have two computers (for the same system),a backup and a running computer. I find in a setup of multiple IOS, I just need one computer so that if one fails (rarely will two fail simultaneously),I have a bare metal cloned drive ready to drop into either computer (depending on the mode of failure),ensuring minimal downtime. With Macrium ReDeploy, I can do edit the bootloader/config/etc... as needed so I can get the backup system booted. I have bare metal clones of my critical systems to drop into spare computers at any time. Especially for downtime sensitive processes where an hour could be costing you hundreds, thousands, if not more... Having redundancy that can be deployed at a moment's notice is key.

Last edited:
Top Bottom