I got a thing

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
2 runs, 1st was ambitious 5 part tray, 3 jobs sprues didnt adhereto tray. 2nd run 3 parts spaced out, 1 fell off, and 1 half fell off.

prints arent sticking to the build plate.

i will brush it with the shpeeshal brush and start a new jorb

so far not entirely impressed yet but the last 3dsystems printer i used was a 4500.
Should've gotten an Asiga! ;)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
i got the thing to go, finally. but i am having a terrible time with the touch screen on this thing going unresponsive and i am quite frustrated by this. changing materials, or putting in new jobs is a pain in the butt playing roulette with the touch screen. sometime the buttons work, but most of the time, nope. power down try again.

@Glenn Kennedy ?
CHL,

I am not familiar with the problem you are experiencing but the 3D Systems support team partners well with our resellers to get things solved quickly. Just have your printer serial number handy (it is on the back of the printer) when you contact your reseller or 3D Systems support.

-Glenn

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
i got the thing to go, finally. but i am having a terrible time with the touch screen on this thing going unresponsive and i am quite frustrated by this. changing materials, or putting in new jobs is a pain in the butt playing roulette with the touch screen. sometime the buttons work, but most of the time, nope. power down try again.

@Glenn Kennedy ?
May not help but have you tried a stylus?

I noticed this past year that a couple bigger pieces of equipment had touchscreens that made me nuts with inconsistent responsiveness which a stylus solved...

user name

user name

Reaction score
Captain Obvious...did you remove the static screen protector?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Captain Obvious...did you remove the static screen protector?
I forgot to do that on an ink cartridge once and drove myself nuts till I took it out to clean the contacts and found it had the peel off thing still there.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I forgot to do that on an ink cartridge once and drove myself nuts till I took it out to clean the contacts and found it had the peel off thing still there.
My Dad, when he was old and kinda funny got a digital alarm clock. He refused to remove the cling that had 12:00 printed on it.
He said, "thats there to show you what time is supposed to look like".

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there wasnt a screen protector on it.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
You don't have latex gloves on when you're working the touch screen, do you?

I've also found that a little bit more pressure than say a smart-phone requires is generally needed.

Only failed prints I've had are due to not enough resin in the tray.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no gloves

when i first got it the screen was as responsive as a phone. at times for the first few minutes the screen returns to that responsive state.

but give it a minute or start a job and suddenly no touchy

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im guessing its a capacitive screen, not a resistive?
Id have someone else try the manipulations a couple times. Could be your skin isnt transmitting electrical charge effectively. Too much lotion? Dont use any with silicone. too dry skin?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Im guessing its a capacitive screen, not a resistive?
Id have someone else try the manipulations a couple times. Could be your skin isnt transmitting electrical charge effectively. Too much lotion? Dont use any with silicone. too dry skin?
endless lotion im sure is his prob. he lurves the jergens!

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
It rubs the lotion on its skin, else it gets the hose again.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
support sent me a new touch pad. will install when i have about 60 free moments.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
does the 5100 have to be connected to the computer when printing?
I have one waiting to print my first job, hopefully it goes well as i don't need any more issues as I'm full up on them. both personnel and personal, etc.