I am taking the CDT Pratical Examin dental implants

D

dentalwing

Reaction score
I am do sure what exactly they want us to do as fare as the screw retained #8 and #3. Please advise.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
You have to wax custom abutments. Even a denture tech can do this. I don't recall exactly which tooth but there is a full contour wax-up and cut-back also.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
let me know how it goes... I need to take it as well

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
I already did. It went well.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Can you expand on that a little?
Thought the implant portion was all removables

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Removables? No. Removable prosthetics, yes.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Interesting, something new on the exam?
Good direction though, but confused why this would be in the removable section . . .
LCM

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
You can go to the NBC site and it will tell you what is required. Any questions then I will explain.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Planning on taking this in Portland in the summer, PM if anyone else will be there.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
this is why I asked
click on implants and this is the info.... makes no sense

In the preliminary part of this test, candidates must pour casts, with appropriate soft tissue material, for both fixed and removable tasks. They will be required to construct a Hader Bar, construct a baseplate, set teeth, and process, finish and polish a complete denture. At the test site, candidates are instructed to:

• Produce a diagnostic wax up of two single-units;
• Create a matrix and fabricate a screw retained custom abutment, and a screw retained custom substructure;
• Fabricate a verification jig;
• Construct a stable substructure with Hader Bar attachment;
• Complete a 1 x 14 set up and wax up.

In the Implant test, candidates' grades are reported in three parts: (1) the preliminary assignments; (2) the fixed assignments; and (3) the removable assignments.

https://nbccert.org/certificants/certified-dental-technician/cdt-rg-exam.cfm

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
You'll need finished denture on a Hader bar with one clip. Then you need a clip-retained baseplate to set and wax another dtr for WTI. The instructions are confusing somewhat.I don't have my test stuff to review or I could be more helpful.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
are you going for a master CDT andrew?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
bumping up this thread for the OP.. I will be taking the test in January.. Ive already gotten a ceramics cdt, but I will be taking it again because it lapsed. Any tips for this implant written exam?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
bumping up this thread for the OP.. I will be taking the test in January.. Ive already gotten a ceramics cdt, but I will be taking it again because it lapsed. Any tips for this implant written exam?
Call complain dropped in mail, been to busy, send your check/CE they should renew you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That process ended several years ago.. if its over 5 years or so without renewal then you cant renew. I got that C&B certificate 13 years ago. It wasnt ceramics, it was c&B.. but thats not the point.. I want the implant cdt for other reasons, not just a renewal of the old one.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
bumping this thread, I finally got my application in to get my CDT again, this time will be in implants, I will be taking all 3 in one day in Portland, If anyone is going or anyone has any notes on this specialty please let me know!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
bumping this thread, I finally got my application in to get my CDT again, this time will be in implants, I will be taking all 3 in one day in Portland, If anyone is going or anyone has any notes on this specialty please let me know!
Wish I did. Let us know what you find out, please. Keep thinking I really should check that off my list.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive found almost all of the reference books online and I purchased the online study guide, which was a real disappointment. It gives you the same questions over and over.. I passed all the tests without studying yet, at around 70-90%, some of the questions are stupid easy, and some are just stupid.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ive found almost all of the reference books online and I purchased the online study guide, which was a real disappointment. It gives you the same questions over and over.. I passed all the tests without studying yet, at around 70-90%, some of the questions are stupid easy, and some are just stupid.
Ya the written are stupid. I wrote an essay in the margins about how the test is outdated. One of the questions was what do you do if your stone does not set up.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The questions are contradictory. One is why you should use analogs to process a hybrid, and another is why you shouldnt use analogs to process. Maybe there are reasons for both? It makes me wonder if our industry would be in better shape if we were held to a higher standard like other parts of the world.

'Someone who CANNOT work with out a completed prescription"

Hygenist
Dentist
Technician
Assistant
Hmmmm2

Top Bottom