hyperDENT Experts, UNITE!

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured this thread can serve 2 purposes:
  • To introduce our new Facebook users group, hyperDENT Experts - where users from around the world can share ideas and ask questions. If you're on Facebook, join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1924025754510426/
  • To serve as an area for DLN members to share hyperDENT-related ideas and content. So... share and ask away!

T

Tartea Daniel Adrian

Reaction score
Hello Mr. Greenberg and hyperDENT users!

My name is Tartea Daniel Adrian. I’m beginner using hyperDENT. I’m very happy to find this Forum and hope to find also some support from your practice experience. Until now, I milled just Zirconium, PMMA and Wax. Instead of capabilities of my milling machine I haven’t milled metal, peek and glass ceramic. So, I need to adapt strategy to my machine in accordance with this materials and specific tools.

First of all, short about my CAD/CAM system:
CAD – DentalWings
CAM – hyperDENT (of course)
Milling Machine – Yenadent D43, 5 axis, 2,5 kw spindle, 60000 rpm, dry/wet system. It’s prepared to mill all dental material on the market and maybe all dental parts needed in dentistry.

I propose two themes for discussion:
1. Milling tools

2. hyperDENT Strategy

1. Milling tools

I find helpful to every hyperDENT user, if everyone share from personal experience. I mean, which tools diameter and type are the better choice to mill Metal (Ti and Co-Cr),Peek, Zirconium, Ceramic etc. More important is to go further in details and to write about tools recommendations, like: roughing, restmachining,
overall finishing, finishing, margin line, screw channel pre-drilling and drilling, drilling abutment basis geometry etc.

I prepared a table, maybe is helpful to fill it with tools information. If someone have another idea which is much better like a table, please write. Is important for every user to understand and to use best tools for best millings results.

Here a link with table in .jpg format. It's made in MS Excel, but I don't know to insert file here.
https://goo.gl/photos/12njT5tUr6kzTutcA

2. hyperDENT Strategy

If is possible, we can share templates to obtain best milling results.
Files in *.hddbexp format can show us which settings are done for each material in accordance with producer using tips. I mean for example, spindle speed, feed rate, tools type etc.

I hope that these ideas written here by me find support among hyperDENT users.

Best regards,
Daniel

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Hello SIr,
I recently installed the version 8 CAm and don't understand? I am older and do not know how to program but after 3-5 pucks I can say there was nobody present who mills and nests as I do. That being said, obviously it's mkt'd tp lg labs. I run 60-100 units a week and nest them in a concentric ring pattern. The software auto nesting is not what I expected as it puts all the units on top of each other and puts connecters everywhere??? Also, when i use automatic connector placement it puts the damn things in the toolpaths of adj. units??? I don't understand why it cannot be defined that the adj. areas are not an acceptable area for contacts??? Sorry for the less than stellar review, but before the parrallel calculations failing on my older version,Preciso 7 or something, it worke for what I did. I do mostlly singles,bdg's and screw ret'd crowns. Something about paying $$$$ for what I had befor ehtey messed with it, sticks in my craw>

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hello Mr. Greenberg and hyperDENT users!

My name is Tartea Daniel Adrian. I’m beginner using hyperDENT. I’m very happy to find this Forum and hope to find also some support from your practice experience. Until now, I milled just Zirconium, PMMA and Wax. Instead of capabilities of my milling machine I haven’t milled metal, peek and glass ceramic. So, I need to adapt strategy to my machine in accordance with this materials and specific tools.

First of all, short about my CAD/CAM system:
CAD – DentalWings
CAM – hyperDENT (of course)
Milling Machine – Yenadent D43, 5 axis, 2,5 kw spindle, 60000 rpm, dry/wet system. It’s prepared to mill all dental material on the market and maybe all dental parts needed in dentistry.

I propose two themes for discussion:
1. Milling tools

2. hyperDENT Strategy

1. Milling tools

I find helpful to every hyperDENT user, if everyone share from personal experience. I mean, which tools diameter and type are the better choice to mill Metal (Ti and Co-Cr),Peek, Zirconium, Ceramic etc. More important is to go further in details and to write about tools recommendations, like: roughing, restmachining,
overall finishing, finishing, margin line, screw channel pre-drilling and drilling, drilling abutment basis geometry etc.

I prepared a table, maybe is helpful to fill it with tools information. If someone have another idea which is much better like a table, please write. Is important for every user to understand and to use best tools for best millings results.

Here a link with table in .jpg format. It's made in MS Excel, but I don't know to insert file here.
https://goo.gl/photos/12njT5tUr6kzTutcA

2. hyperDENT Strategy

If is possible, we can share templates to obtain best milling results.
Files in *.hddbexp format can show us which settings are done for each material in accordance with producer using tips. I mean for example, spindle speed, feed rate, tools type etc.

I hope that these ideas written here by me find support among hyperDENT users.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel ,

I am also having Yenadent machines and thinking about pulling the trigger on Hyperdent. Where do you buy your tools from ?