Hydrocolloid Problems

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If you ever switch to silicone you'll never go back. A little pricey, but worth it. JMHO.
I agree with this...a little pricey, but we've used silicone for years to duplicate, not sure we'd ever go to hydrocolloid and trying to deal with all those issues as many have described here.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
I agree with this...a little pricey, but we've used silicone for years to duplicate, not sure we'd ever go to hydrocolloid and trying to deal with all those issues as many have described here.
We have never had any issues using a tcs duplicating machine with wirogel. But we also use it to pour all of our stayplates and small partials. Don't see the need to add a silicon duplicator. That being said if we were just duping I would prefer using silicon.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Reversible hydrocoloids are definitely an arcane art, where you can run into the dreaded "Here be Dragons", seemingly without rhyme or reason. I use Wirogel M, use a hydrocoloid conditioning solution , soak the models before duplicating, cast with Denstone and only get bit once in a while when I do use reversable.
Truthfully now I mostly spray the models with WD40 and us alginate, less headaches.