Hybrid Custom Abutments/Screw Retained Crowns on a VHF Mini?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I was told by a reputable company that SUM 3D is not yet available for use with the VHF Minis....are you sure?
CAM is CAM - if you have generate STL file, you can put it into SUM3D. Whoever told you that is misleading you.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
For every CAM you need a machine specific post processor to be able to run it...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I had a demo on the new VHF cam today its totally different than what my Weiland mini is using.

Looking for our next mill right now, struggling to make a decision.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
I had a demo on the new VHF cam today its totally different than what my Weiland mini is using.

Get yourself a used kavo and UWIMA Go2cam....you can put together for minimal cost and you will have a beast of a mill and amazing cam that you can buy more seats for other mills for cheap!!!!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I was told by a reputable company that SUM 3D is not yet available for use with the VHF Minis....are you sure?

Maybe i have tomatoes on my eyes but ill test both DS and SUM and i work with SUM every day maybe they try to limit you .

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
SUM3D is definitely available for both the 4 and 5 axis version from VHF.

This is easy to correct in CAM using radius correction, maybe try -0.01 compensation first and then increase/decrease to achieve your desired fit.
In SUM3D this step is called Finishing_Interface_External_U

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score

Hi John,

Have you looked at the new CORiTEC250i from imes-icore?
With fully open CAM from SUM3D we think it's a VHF killer :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi John,

Have you looked at the new CORiTEC250i from imes-icore?
With fully open CAM from SUM3D we think it's a VHF killer :)

I like the IMES machine,

The cam from dental conceptworks that I am familiar with (weiland specific mini) I believe will be used on the new mill and I am interested in seeing that as it compares to VHF's cam. VHF's cam seemed very locked down and not easily modified.

D

Daymon Capers

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the great information. Great work.

cdlab

cdlab

Sponsors
Reaction score
SUM3D is definitely available for both the 4 and 5 axis version from VHF.

This is easy to correct in CAM using radius correction, maybe try -0.01 compensation first and then increase/decrease to achieve your desired fit.
In SUM3D this step is called Finishing_Interface_External_U

Great... I wish VHF's software had this "step" for the interface. Does anyone know if the VHF v5 CAM software has this step? At this point I believe I need Sum 3d or other software in order to be able to adjust the fit...

Thanks everyone for all the good information!

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
Great... I wish VHF's software had this "step" for the interface. Does anyone know if the VHF v5 CAM software has this step? At this point I believe I need Sum 3d or other software in order to be able to adjust the fit...

Thanks everyone for all the good information!

The VHF CAM is very limited and I don't think you have access to modify the milling strategies.
A more advanced CAM package make a huge difference as you have full control.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
I like the IMES machine,

The cam from dental conceptworks that I am familiar with (weiland specific mini) I believe will be used on the new mill and I am interested in seeing that as it compares to VHF's cam. VHF's cam seemed very locked down and not easily modified.

The 250i normally comes with iCAM V4.6 which is based on CyklonCAM. However, we normally distribute the machine with SUM3D using customized milling strategies.
I believe you will benefit from a more advanced CAM compared to what is bundled with the Wieland mill as you progress and gain more experience (considering this is your second mill).
It allows you to tweak and tailor the result of the milling to much higher degree and you can also mill advanced applications such as bite splints, drill guides, implant bridges etc.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
@jordan Oppenheimer
this is in Vers 4 and even in the new Vers. 5 Software possible. You can control the fitting by setting the drilling parameters. The new vers,5 works perfect on abutments if the angles are between 10°+ or - and you don`t rotate the file after loading.

J

JUAN CARLOS LONDOÑO

Reaction score
hello someone has the file post-processing for sum3ddental , for VHF k4 machine?
Thank you

Top Bottom