Help Wanted Hunter Dental Lab ISO a skilled ceramist

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Our lab takes care of it's employees. We offer health care and 401K plans. While many labs in our area have been losing dental techs, we have kept our entire staff and actually added two new employees over the last two years. We have been searching for a ceramist for years. Give our lab a call at 3178430497 if you are interested.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
If you find an extra one, send them my way please ;) Them and Denture folks are the unicorns of dentistry these days.
I put a bowl of unicorn food out every night in hopes that when I come to work the next morning, there will be a unicorn at my door.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I put a bowl of unicorn food out every night in hopes that when I come to work the next morning, there will be a unicorn at my door.
Wish I didn't see this coming but we all did. When you shut down all but a couple dental technology programs in the country this is the result you get. Hence, why we really worked on our in-house training program, it's been a ton of work and continues to do so but we are starting to see some efforts in it. Really wish I would of started it sooner to be honest.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Wish I didn't see this coming but we all did. When you shut down all but a couple dental technology programs in the country this is the result you get. Hence, why we really worked on our in-house training program, it's been a ton of work and continues to do so but we are starting to see some efforts in it. Really wish I would of started it sooner to be honest.
That's why when way back in the 80's my boss gave me the option to go into C&B or dentures, I chose dentures even though C&B paid more at the time, so that's what most techs chose to do. My thinking was, and has come to pass that all of the baby boomers were going to get old and not all would be able to afford C&B, and there would be very few experienced techs to do denture work and the pay would go up and it did. Now try to find a denture tech that isn't planning their retirement in the next few years!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's why when way back in the 80's my boss gave me the option to go into C&B or dentures, I chose dentures even though C&B paid more at the time, so that's what most techs chose to do. My thinking was, and has come to pass that all of the baby boomers were going to get old and not all would be able to afford C&B, and there would be very few experienced techs to do denture work and the pay would go up and it did. Now try to find a denture tech that isn't planning their retirement in the next few years!
Yeah you won't find one, and if by chance you do...he/she is so burnt out they won't have any passion for it like you want. Smart play by you, you could practically name your price as denture tech nowadays.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah you won't find one, and if by chance you do...he/she is so burnt out they won't have any passion for it like you want. Smart play by you, you could practically name your price as denture tech nowadays.
Yup, except I'm in that club of looking to retire in 4-5 years!