HUION Kamvas Pro 12 GT-116 for CAD instead of Wacom Cintiq?

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Thinking of getting one, its cheap enough to not worry. Does anyone have one of these for cad ? Comparable to a Wacom for a couple hundred bucks.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a Wacom 27QHD cintiq and love it, i have been reviewing these other tablets. Go on youtube and watch some product reviews, the main issue is the straight light test.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Help me with my ignorance, as this topic has been brought up before, but, how other than being able to use the pen for marking margins more easily,
does it help with 3Shape?

TIA

N

nvarras7

Reaction score

Like this.
Help me with my ignorance, as this topic has been brought up before, but, how other than being able to use the pen for marking margins more easily,
does it help with 3Shape?

TIA

Or use it like this

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You have such good timing, nvarras as I thought to try a search with 3hape and Wacom after Sevan mentioned reviewing these, just to see if
he had a review on YouTube. I did find this video for 3Shape:

It looks like you can be more artistic with what your video shows and maybe the 3Shape one, if I watch it all the way through.
I would just have to consider if it's as fast and smooth as using a mouse along with a 3dconnection mouse, or if the freedom
with the stylist makes up for it?

But we're still within the boundaries of what the 3Shape and Exocad software allow, smoothing, adding, etc
etc, it's just the freedom and ease to hand manipulate with a stylus?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a Wacom 22hd if you want it

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
You have such good timing, nvarras as I thought to try a search with 3hape and Wacom after Sevan mentioned reviewing these, just to see if
he had a review on YouTube. I did find this video for 3Shape:

It looks like you can be more artistic with what your video shows and maybe the 3Shape one, if I watch it all the way through.
I would just have to consider if it's as fast and smooth as using a mouse along with a 3dconnection mouse, or if the freedom
with the stylist makes up for it?

But we're still within the boundaries of what the 3Shape and Exocad software allow, smoothing, adding, etc
etc, it's just the freedom and ease to hand manipulate with a stylus?

I bought one today and will have it tomorrow si I will let you know. I want to be able to characterize the anterior teeth more. well we'll see tomorrow.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That's what I was seeing too, in your video. It looked easier regarding creating the anterior anatomy. More precise.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, not that he was on YouTube, but that he was posted here, on this forum :)

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What is the difference betweeen using a Wacom type thing and just any touchscreen laptop?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What is the difference betweeen using a Wacom type thing and just any touchscreen laptop?
it all comes down to the smaller thing like aliasing and mainly pressure of the pen. 3Shape has pen pressure sensativity the harder you press the more wax or smothing is applied.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It's cheapo enough for me to give it a try and see how will work...in the meanwhile I'll start growing a beard, from the vids it looks like mandatory to have Stupido2

doug

doug

Reaction score
Can I move those pesky little buttons on the left side over to the right -hand side? I'd be using the pen in my left hand. Some people are just different that way.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
On the 22 and bigger qintiq models, they are ambidextrous. There are buttons on both sides.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Can I move those pesky little buttons on the left side over to the right -hand side? I'd be using the pen in my left hand. Some people are just different that way.

They are usually set up to switch left to right handed. may need a quick settings adjustment.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
What is the fundamental difference between the Wacom Pro and Pro Touch?