How to save 3shape digital files to Mac compatible

W

Wilbur

Reaction score
hey there,

Please can someone explain to me how to change . (.exe) to Mac compatible files. I have some doctors who can’t view their digital studymodels.

I’m a bit of technophobe clearly!

Thanks in advance,

Wilbur

R

rookiee

Reaction score
If files are in STL any viewer will do just fine and on Mac I think you can open them by default...not seating behind mac right now so I can't check it...if they are DCM files then you need to convert them or save them as STL and not DCM.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
There is no way to change exe to dmg or app, completely different . Just have them download a free stl viewer.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
If files are in STL any viewer will do just fine and on Mac I think you can open them by default...
I just did that this afternoon. STL files open just fine on a Mac.

W

Wilbur

Reaction score
Why can’t Mac users view the stl files on the 3shape ortho viewer?

Thanks

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
What stl viewer did you use that works best for Mac users?
Hey Wilbur

Preview will do it. I just tried it, double clicked a .stl file and boom, there it is (see attached image of a screen shot). You will be able to move it, zoom in and twirl it around...

stl - preview.png

W

Wilbur

Reaction score
Thanks Contraluz,

Is there any possible way to export the model set in one stl file - with out 3shape splitting the files into a separate upper and separate lower file?

Wilbur

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Is there any possible way to export the model set in one stl file - with out 3shape splitting the files into a separate upper and separate lower file?
That I can't answer you. My knowledge is rather limited ... But I can try it and see what happens. But that has to wait a bit... ;-)

Top Bottom