HOW TO OPEN KAVO EVEREST

T

TITO

Reaction score
Hello , lately I have been having some problems whit Everest KAvo System , i Would like to know how to open the system so it can work using other brand Zirconia blocks and disc´s.

Any suggestion? I could try on every advise and then promise to write a step by step guide on how to crack open

Thank you all

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
THERE WILL BE A WAY !!! SOON !!!

I will have a more definitive answer to your question in a week.
There is already a way to have an open front end: scanner and CAD software.
This will not lower the cost of your Zirconia from kavo but will speed up scanning and CAD design – a lot.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i know that a way to get around it is to install windows with all your everest software (back to the version where you would enter the lot numbers manually) on a separate removable hdd then replace it when you want to mill with a different block. the only problem is im not sure if all size blocks and materials in ronden are available with the older software.

i did spend a bit of time trying to find the system files to trick the computer to re use a scan label when another wouldnt scan properly but it didnt seem to work. id say a programmer would be able to get around it though.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
How about opening 3M's LAVA? can you open or convert LAVA files into STL ?? with PIANO software??

T

TITO

Reaction score
Hello everyone , Thank you very much for your answer´s !

One solution we have figure out is read RFID TAGS that have been use on other machine. A friend of mine send me some Kavo RFID Tags ( the ones that comes whit kavo materials) he keept from the works he have done. So we place the other zirconia brand (cheaper one and doesnt comes whit rfid tag) on the machine and read the tag my frind send and the machine workd ok! Adaptation and contracction after zint was perfect.

We can share RfID tags we have already use , what do you think ?

Take care everyone!

B

baskavouser

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

The kavo system has been opened.

Contact Delcam UK for further info.

Have a nice day!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
or,
get Dental Shaper add-on for Rhino and unlock everything for much less $$ including Cercon, Sirona, 3M, Kavo, etc...

(also, have a nice day!)

Scott

www.Rhino-Plugins.com

Last edited:
B

baskavouser

Reaction score
The plugin for rhino is a translator.

Delcam can deliver a full cam solution for the kavo system.
I've managed to program a new main program for the milling machine and one can cam the workpieces with dentmill, there are templates for a large number of materials and types of workpieces.

you do not need the chipreader anymore !
the system is altered in a way that you as a user can always still use the kavo cam system (nothing from kavo is destroyed)
extra rings can be ordered so any block made with a 10-11 mm fixation ring can be inserted

templates available for

zirkon, wax, plastic, c-temp, titan, AlO2, emax-cad, etc.
I've even built over one of the fixtures so we can insert 16 blocks of materials wich normally can be inserted into a MCXL milling machine from sirona.
So basicly every material made for a sirona milling machine can be milled with a kavo.

this is the total solution fro your kavo machine

we even mill dentalbars with it (comes in a separate package)

Now, have a really nice day!

B

baskavouser

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, you do NOT need a translator of any kind.
the kavo system exports its restauration in 2 formats, both can be used for milling.

an extra program is suplied wich opens the menu bar from geomagic(studiokavo) and gives you a great variety of functions.
If you are handy you can even do solid model scanning and separate die scanning and fix them together with studiokavo itself. (no need of saw-models)

also: you get back your taskbar and desktop icons, and prevents your machine from shutting down when closing the everest software on your sherpa.

also included: a kavo scanner-pc connected to a sherpa can be put into 3 modes
1 scanner (for work with a sherpa)
2 standalone scanner designer (if your sherpa fails, the design program is license dependent)
3 sherpa

So if you own a kavo system, you definitly want this :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
CIM Systems's SUM3D would be the CAM for Dental Shaper. Under $10k for both packages together.

They will be at the DLOAC in Nov, at the international CAD/CAM symposium.

DelCam will be there as well. Go ask your own questions. DelCam wanted new car money for just the CAM last time I spoke with them.

CIMSystem Srl
CimSystem - Dental Solutions

Does the exact same thing you described for much less. Very good CAM company. Has advanced milling templates for metal, Zirconia, etc, etc. No need for RfID anymore, same same...Works with any CNC mill, Dental or Industrial.

You can even add a Renishaw touch probe for after-milling confirmation of design right on the same mill.
3D Form Inspect Software - Demo Video

[YOUTUBE]OD-sn85RKY4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
(never mind)

Scott

I've known about both of these for quite a while.

Really, all you need is hardware (any scanner /any manuf. machine) and either one of these packages. The one I'm talking about also comes with Dental CAD software w/implant stuff. It's not just a translator/converter as you said. I think it has more than what you bought for half the price. You can eliminate all known Dental software from the equation now. I hope you can fix your own mills/scanners because
you'd be out of warrenty for sure.

I have not bought any of this stuff because I'm scared of what 3M might do to me. But, I see it being sold all around me and running everything from A-Z.

IMO, this is the end of many small CAD/CAM companys. We really don't need them anymore. Dongles will be a thing of the past. Now, old outdated "Dental" machines (scanners/mills) will have a second life being used/abused for ?? and new machine sales will fall. Only the strong, big companys will survive the next two years. We could/will all be buying second-hand mills left over from the auto industry instead of new "Dental" mills. Same with the scanners and software. We have a choice now. The wave has crashed and the days of high profit on this stuff is over. Just my .02

Last edited:
D

dr.khanfer

Reaction score
dear ***
please if you can explain how can i open kavo without pay too much
regards
dr.khanfer

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
All I can do is point you in the right direction.

You have to put the puzzle together yourself.

That's the key!

Open system also means you are on your own!
Very little support from companys.
Be careful!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Just got an email from a guy who says he can reactivate the shrinkage window on the engine says he charges a £1 a unit has anyone used this yet? www.ovak.co.uk

please let me know if you have as it sounds very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Thought is was you that was doing it - Domain Registrant is a Mr Harling - but address and contacts are fake so chances are Nominet will pull the site at some point.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Colin, hows tricks? Not quite sure what you mean, "thought it was you" :confused:
I wish I was clever enough to do it, but unfortunately I am just a dental technician. You guys had any luck in the past playing with Everest files I know there are a few people in the USA converting them to stl then milling them in open systems.

Top Bottom