How to manage in & out cases by steps?

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
I started a small removable lab three years ago. As you know, each case has many steps: receiving the case , making bite block , setup teeth, process and finish, then deliver the case.
Usually I use a note book, write down the patients’ names and the steps.
Any idea to make everything easier and more organized? I already have a software I use for the invoices. But I was thinking about a filing system that shows every step clearly and accurately, in a way that if I need to get back a specific case, it would be easy to find what I need quickly.

Thank you

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Without sharing your case load and # of techs it is difficult to help.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Visit a larger lab (or preferably half a dozen) that have already dealt with the issues you currently have so that you can see how to skip ahead on some of those kinds of challenges

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Using a Lab management software would definitely help.
Question is, does your work load justify the investment?

Labstar is very good. Requires a bit of time to properly set up with your lab's specific steps and materials, but once you're done, it's a piece of cake.
Handles shipping (UPS) and invoicing as well.

H

Hmcinn

Reaction score
I started a small removable lab three years ago. As you know, each case has many steps: receiving the case , making bite block , setup teeth, process and finish, then deliver the case.
Any idea to make everything easier and more organized? I already have a software I use for the invoices. But I was thinking about a filing system that shows every step clearly and accurately, in a way that if I need to get back a specific case, it would be easy to find what I need quickly.

Thank you
Have you found a solution yet? . If not I might have what you looking for. Let me know I can send some videos.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Thank you for your message, Actually I do everything manually means I write down every single case with all details (office name + job description .eta..)
Please send me some videos I'll be appreciate it

H

Hmcinn

Reaction score
I used to charge for my product once it was finalized, but was a hassle in many ways becasue some times it would take months before they send it the product to finish. And investing in a product and not getting my money till months later wasn't the best idea due to me not being wealthy😅. I needed my money next month.
Then I was a do it all and I needed to give a faster answer once a dorcor would call me to ask for a especific case I had to go through a lot of files or I needed to be very organized which also was very challenging due to the obvious which was I had to do everything myself. Between many more reasons I also needed to be in the lab in order to find out where the case was or when that especific stage was done (slip or part or the process of a specific case).
I needed a software or a system to help me fix so many challenges and I came out with one.
I have been able to grown the lab up to 10 people and focus on my product rather than organization especially when you have cases that go back and forth and need that especific information at hand. Can you provide me with and email where I can send you the videos and maybe you would like my idea I willing to let you try it and maybe we could help each other.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I used to charge for my product once it was finalized, but was a hassle in many ways becasue some times it would take months before they send it the product to finish. And investing in a product and not getting my money till months later wasn't the best idea due to me not being wealthy😅. I needed my money next month.
Then I was a do it all and I needed to give a faster answer once a dorcor would call me to ask for a especific case I had to go through a lot of files or I needed to be very organized which also was very challenging due to the obvious which was I had to do everything myself. Between many more reasons I also needed to be in the lab in order to find out where the case was or when that especific stage was done (slip or part or the process of a specific case).
I needed a software or a system to help me fix so many challenges and I came out with one.
I have been able to grown the lab up to 10 people and focus on my product rather than organization especially when you have cases that go back and forth and need that especific information at hand. Can you provide me with and email where I can send you the videos and maybe you would like my idea I willing to let you try it and maybe we could help each other.

You certainly have my curiousity. And likely many others as well.

Any way you can try to explain your method?

Oh, and Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score

Please post the video here, you'll probably have lots of people interested.

H

Hmcinn

Reaction score
You certainly have my curiousity. And likely many others as well.

Any way you can try to explain your method?

Oh, and Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
Yes no problem. Let me try to explain here as much as I can. Give me a few hours.

H

Hmcinn

Reaction score
Please post the video here, you'll probably have lots of people interested.
Let me find out how to post a video, I'm new to this.
I came looking for a solution to a different challenge I'm facing right now. Not knowing what my system could help other labs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Let me find out how to post a video, I'm new to this.
I came looking for a solution to a different challenge I'm facing right now. Not knowing what my system could help other labs.
You'll need to upload to Vimeo, Youtube, or something like that and then post it here as a link or embedded.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Thank you
I do not use any software, just being a bit organized. I have different shelves for every step, and every week I go thru them and check how old. If you bill for every step you do not need to worry about it unless you do not get anymore case from that Dr, then you need to call and see why. This is just my way of dealing with it without software and tracking bars.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
I do not use any software, just being a bit organized. I have different shelves for every step, and every week I go thru them and check how old. If you bill for every step you do not need to worry about it unless you do not get anymore case from that Dr, then you need to call and see why. This is just my way of dealing with it without software and tracking bars.
I do that too I use different shelves but only problem is that I don't charge my dentists by steps only for final product!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I do that too I use different shelves but only problem is that I don't charge my dentists by steps only for final product!
Not all dentists are honest, what do you do if you've done all the work up until time to process and finish, and he sends it somewhere else? You're out all of your materials and labor. We have a good relationship with all of our clients and I don't believe any of them would do that to us, but we still bill at every step.

Top Bottom