How to determine the right settings with an open slicer software 3d printer for 3rd party resins? Nextdent Tray, Nextdent Try, Freeprint Model, Dreve

A

Arpad

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have purchased a Wiiboox Light 130 printer.
https://www.wiiboox.com/3d-printer-lcd130.php
I am all new for 3d printing. I was thinking to use Nextdent Tray, Nextdent Try, Freeprint Model, Dreve Fotodent Denture materials to start with. My question would be is what would be the easiest way to determine the right settings(exposure etc) for different type of resins? As I said I am quite new to this. If someone would be able to point me to the right direction I would be highly appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
As you mentioned there are several variables involved to get the best results from each resin for each application.

The printer manufacturers spent a lot of time and effort to come up with each print profile for each resin they certify. That is part of the value of buying a printer that has certified resins for specific applications. This is why a professional printer for dental application costs more than a generic printer.

A generic printer could do the job but your new hobby will be finding, through trial and error, what settings work. Document everything as you go and when you find the correct combination move on to the next resin/application.

If you can find an online forum or user group for your specific printer and people who are willing to share their information you can shorten the path to success.

@zero_zero Has a different printer but he enjoys the challenge of figuring out how to make things work.

Last edited:
A

Arpad Keresi

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for the info. I knew it won't be straight forward but I always like a challenge. I guess I will have to be patient and just go resin by resin at the time.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Matrix to find the best balance btw pins and holes and cubes to check accuracy at different areas and to calculate scale values

Attachments

• ResinXP2-ValidationMatrix_200701.stl
    459.8 KB · Views: 27
  • ___10mm_test_cube 5 flat.stl
    3 KB · Views: 19
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
the matrix will never be perfect

Attachments

• IMG_2580 1 (Groß).png
    IMG_2580 1 (Groß).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Matrix to find the best balance btw pins and holes and cubes to check accuracy at different areas and to calculate scale values
I actually drooled. I'm a geek and I own it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@cadfan Any issues with me putting those object files in the Resources section?

A

Arpad Keresi

Reaction score
Super useful folks!!!! Really appreciate it. Look forward starting my experiments :D

A

Arpad

Reaction score
There are a lot of different exposure finder tests you can try out on your printer.

https://github.com/altLab/photon-resin-calibration This one says Photon, but it will work on any LCD printer.

Then you can follow up with something like the Ameralabs Town and fine tune your settings. https://ameralabs.com/blog/town-calibration-part/
I was really looking forward running this photon test but unfortunately my printer doesn't read those files. I will try to contact those folks see if they have any other idea.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Sales pitch and claims of ease of use and abilities sound good, but all goes out the window once youve made the commitment. Youre stuck experimenting to see what works, but in the end, you have to settle or cut your losses and start over (with less money). But enough about Marriage.
Counseling would sound better if they called it tech support.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I was really looking forward running this photon test but unfortunately my printer doesn't read those files. I will try to contact those folks see if they have any other idea.
Which slicer do you use? Edit to ask what types of files does this printer read? The website wasn't very helpful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom