How to change a NSK Z500 chuck

K

kdental

Reaction score
hello guys ,if anybody knows how to change the chuck i will be so grateful.
i pulled apart the motor from the nose but i can not see how to open the nose it seems sealed
I got a key but i am afraid to twist on the chuck itself to avoid breaking it pleas lead me trough this
Thank you

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
It unscrews right from the top, no need to take apart. Use the side of the wrench that came with it marked 5.1and turn counterclockwise.

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
It should have come with two wrenches. Keep the nose on. On the sides of the nose are two flat spots where wrench fits on to keep it from turning. When you have this wrench on you then use the wrench that fits the chuck and like Toast said turn it counter clockwise. FYI when replacing a chuck put a small dab of grease on the threads, it makes it easier to change out next time.

K

kdental

Reaction score
All right guys thank you so much , it all make sense but i was afraid to force it. And one more thing do we have to lubricate this handpiece? Or any kind of maintainance

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
All right guys thank you so much , it all make sense but i was afraid to force it. And one more thing do we have to lubricate this handpiece? Or any kind of maintainance

No. I have learned though to put some grease on the threads of the chuck, it makes changing out easier next time. They recommend you taking the chuck out and clean on occasion. I have run them for years they are a work horse.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Where can one find new chucks for the NSK Z500?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Where can one find new chucks for the NSK Z500?
you can try calling Ron Heberle at Integirty Handpiece. He may be able to get them or know where to get them. Feel free to tell him Tom sent you 585-474-0153

N

Nenad

Reaction score
Very often chuck can get seized and stuck in handpiece when you force them out.If you feel tension just go back and forth and keep going till get out.

B

busyemily8

Reaction score
It unscrews right from the top, no need to take apart. Use the side of the wrench that came with it marked 5.1and turn counterclockwise.
What if I can’t find the key, is there anything else I can use?

Top Bottom