how many implants are neede on 6unit bridge

B

BLUE

Reaction score
Hello, I have questions.
can anyone tell me how many implants are needed to restore 6unit bridge?
I have a case #9-14 that has implnats on #9,#12 and #14 sites.
Is it safe to do 6umit bridge on top?
isn't 2pontics between #9 and #12 are too long?
please let me know.

thank you

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would have no hesitation to restore that job provided there is enough room for connectors etc, are you a dentist or a tech if youre a dentist only you can decide, if youre a tech just do what the dentist is asking he or she is the one who is paid the big bucks to prescribe what will be appropriate. all on 4 is full arch they have pontics everywhere.

B

BLUE

Reaction score
Thanks.
I.am a dental tech.
I normally do whatever the doctor requested. But sometimes when doctors ask if it is ok to do restorations on certain number of implants etc. I just want to give them the right answer.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
if the material is the question yes you can advise but the rest is up to the dentist.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
2 pontics span is fine if supported on both sides. its not fine if its only supported on one side.

6 unit bridge can have up to 7 implants. very bad idea to have 7, and ridiculous idea to have 1, but reasonable idea is between 2 and 6.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I don't like to answer until I see the casts and clearance for connector size for material purposes.
And without clinical and radiographs/X-rays, who is to know if the implants might fail because of poor
integration before you even started, or too short, etc. So I would have a disclaimer you are only
providing information on the structural integrity of what you provide but nothing to do with clinical
performance over the period of time the prosthesis is inserted and the patient walks out the door.
My 2 cents.