how many firings?

A

AL1

Reaction score
How many firings can you do on an emax pressing? I want to do several so I can see the internal layers fired before I take to completion.
I think it would teach me a great deal about what effects I am trying to obtain.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ivoclar is probably the most forgiving about their porcelain when it comes to multiple firings.......fire away, I've fired some Ivoclar porcelains over 15 times on a single crown/bridge, never had a problem.

A

AL1

Reaction score
What I am curious about is what happens to the strength of the pressed emax after multiple firings.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Considering the much higher temp when pressing compared to the lower temp when layering, can't see how it would have any effect on the pressed emax. On the veneering porcelain, slightly lower the temps as you do additional layering beyond the first 2 layering firing, without under firing....
Can't see how it would weaken the material unless you are trying to abuse the veneering porcelain, to the point of under or over firing the porcelain.....is my best guess.............

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
fire it as many times as you like! multiple firings will not affect any of the strength characteristics of the lithium disilicate. whatever your firing your e.max powders at (they recommend 750 celcius in their programmat ovens - you may be a touch higher than that.) keep using that program for all your bakes. lowering the temperature isn't necessary. have fun!

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have a p500 Ivoclar oven, emax is all preset programs. If thats the case I will fire away.

C

charles007

Reaction score
On my Ivoclar EP5000 the presets are as follows for Layering Emax

Wash Firing (Foundation) 750
Wash Firing Characterization 750
1st/2nd Dentin/Incisal 750

Shade + Essence 725
Glaze 725
Add on w Glaze 725

Add on after Glaze 700

Never needed to change these presets ........