How important is it to keep cam software up to date?

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
?ow important is it to keep cam software up to date? How much should the yearly cost be? Im using Hyperdent Compact.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Only if you want new features, Otherwise you can run it for a long time as is. Until you get sick of it lol.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
There may also be some fixes and patches in the update(s) that could be helpful.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
There may also be bugs and hair tearing compatibility issues depending on the hardware in use, at least from my own experience

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Edit, never mind my post, I was thing CAD, scanner updates.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
?ow important is it to keep cam software up to date? How much should the yearly cost be? Im using Hyperdent Compact.
If youre paying yearly costs on HyperDENT Compact, I think your reseller is taking advantage of you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats exacty right my reseller quoted me like $1500-2000, like it was a matter of fact.. I said do I have to have it? 'Well, no, but...' Ok thanks, dont need it..

doug

doug

Reaction score
We had a branded version of hyperdent on our system to run a VHF mill. We had it updated by another vendor and the mill started doing things that we didn't kow were possible. You may be surprised to find that another version will be better than what you have with not too much of a $$$ outlay.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about closer to what i was quoted actually. At a certain point its going to be cheaper just to buy a new seat.. the software isnt that much more..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
updates to your CAM software don't necessarily change the methodology behind milling your units. more that the software itself should become more stable or enable new features. this of course begs the question how often are you updating your cam strategy or sequence? those new features can introduce things like trochoidal toolpath support - so why wouldn't you return to your sequences and update them to utilize these new toolpaths.

user name

user name

Reaction score
nice try, I left a voicemail with hyperdent about 3 weeks ago..
If you need help. call Americana Dental.
They know this stuff.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I need files that apparently only follow-me has, at least thats what everyone tells me. Its interesting finding out that your reseller wont help you with your hyperdent because they sell their own implant brand..

user name

user name

Reaction score
Unfortunately I need files that apparently only follow-me has, at least thats what everyone tells me. Its interesting finding out that your reseller wont help you with your hyperdent because they sell their own implant brand..
If you dont believe me, ask @doug . Call Americana

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
Well I was told that my dongle was registered to a different dental lab. They fixed that but now they say it is registered as the classic version and I've always had the
compact version. I wonder if there is a different price for renewing the compact vs classic?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont really understand why theres nobody answering the phone at follow-me north america, no response to voicemails... The email link is comes back as undeliverable.. Reseller wont help. Manufacturer doesnt know how to get files to their own abutments... Am I going crazy? Hmmmm I know thats a different thread.., but what is the yearly fee going to?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I dont really understand why theres nobody answering the phone at follow-me north america, no response to voicemails... The email link is comes back as undeliverable.. Reseller wont help. Manufacturer doesnt know how to get files to their own abutments... Am I going crazy? Hmmmm I know thats a different thread.., but what is the yearly fee going to?
Obviously their vacation. Lol

Top Bottom