How do you save your big cases in 3Shape?

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have my 3Shape set up to auto delete cases after three months. The CAD file is still available to remill, but I want to save the scans that go with it just in case I need to make modifications to a large case in the future for some reason. How do you 3Shapers handle this?

doug

doug

Reaction score
We use Exocad, but files are files. It was very comforting to be able to pull up a case from 18 months ago and print the models, mill a dup crown and have it delivered to a doc, after the crown fell out while the patient was in Europe. That's a small part of the power of digital. I'll never delete any file.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I keep all the files for the reasons listed above, plus it helps to have some sort of proof of what we made... if I ever have to prove something or such... ;)

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
How the hell is a crown going to fit in that patients mouth from a year ago?

So much changes in that time. I wouldn't bother wasting the time or the Docs chair time.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
How the hell is a crown going to fit in that patients mouth from a year ago?

So much changes in that time. I wouldn't bother wasting the time or the Docs chair time.
Actually it works quite well and has created the opportunity to “save the day” often - I bet we do a case or two a week that way. We are starting to scan “high risk” denture cases for digital storage and quick reproduction too, the offices love it!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Incremental daily backup on a NAS,
Secondary imaging weekly of all files,
Physical external backup monthly with offsite storage and 2 rotating copies.
We keep everything forever.
Who set this up at your lab and administers it?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Initially we paid an it company to set everything up, as we have grown so much We have hired a network administrator and a systems support person.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks! I will be using this information in our lab meeting today. ;)

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
you can delete off 3shape but keep the actual folders. just import again as needed. very stupid that 3shape can't handle a proper database, but it's a crap program overall so what can you do?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Data hoarding is a mental disease. You dont need to keep data longer than 6 months.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
What is the filepath to find all of the 3Shape cases on our PC? This should be simple, but I can't find them.

Top Bottom