How do i print a model using an ELOS Strauman RN analog

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I ordered an ELOS scan body and an ELOS analog from Vulcan. I have the scans, but I cant figure out how to set up the order in 3Shape. I DLed the DMEs from ELOS and I talked to their support, and they said I needed to call Vulcan. I DLed the ELOS DMEs from Vulcan, but they just told me they don't support Straumann Tissue Level. I just need to fabricate a model from this scan that used an ELOS scan body. Can anyone help?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
its been a while, but you should be able run with the elos library. an elos scan body, elos analog, should get you a model as it really has nothing to do with vulcan.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
its been a while, but you should be able run with the elos library. an elos scan body, elos analog, should get you a model as it really has nothing to do with vulcan.
The ELOS library only has bonelevel and Straumann screw retained(?). I called their tech support and they told me they couldn't help because they don't know anything about the dental side of the components they sell ?!?!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
i just downloaded the exo model library, they aren't labeled. how the hell are you supposed to know anything. support isn't just dead, its buried 6 ft under. thought i could help.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
i just downloaded the exo model library, they aren't labeled. how the hell are you supposed to know anything. support isn't just dead, its buried 6 ft under. thought i could help.
thanks for trying. I was pretty shocked that I bought the parts from Vulcan and they couldn't help me and ELOS makes the parts and they plead ignorance.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
That is frustrating, I used to really like Elos parts but my last experience had some similarities to your current situation. I had someone send me a WN Elos scan flag with model work to design and mill from. I ended up getting a straumann scan body and using that to restore with a Dess part.

It may be worth getting in touch with Dess or someone that else that has multi scan flag libraries with their parts and see if they have a dme for you. I have had to call Dess to get parts of their library that for some reason weren't included on the main dme download. I know that's not an ideal solution, but it could circumvent getting a new scan

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
i have a hunch that i got some seriously bad intel from Nobel. the info i think came from elos. we replaced EVERY desktop scan body (in multiples).

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

A tech in Lithuanian solved this problem on the 3Shape Facebook Group. All you do is set up the order like it is a Straumann order. Since this is a bridge, I set up that implant as a Straumann cylindrical variobase for a Bar/bridge with local milling. I was able to select the ELOS scan body in the Segmentation step during during design. Now my only questions are why couldn't Straumann, ELOS, or Vulcan(who I purchased the scan body from) help me solve this issue. I hope if anyone else runs into this problem they find this post. :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just print the abutment as part of the model. No need for analogs except for holding the abutment during cementation.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

A tech in Lithuanian solved this problem on the 3Shape Facebook Group. All you do is set up the order like it is a Straumann order. Since this is a bridge, I set up that implant as a Straumann cylindrical variobase for a Bar/bridge with local milling. I was able to select the ELOS scan body in the Segmentation step during during design. Now my only questions are why couldn't Straumann, ELOS, or Vulcan(who I purchased the scan body from) help me solve this issue. I hope if anyone else runs into this problem they find this post. :)
Vulcan is a lab who sells ELOS parts. They put minimal effort into support of this product. You can order this part from the source, Elos Medtech, but takes way longer since they are headquartered in Sweden. The parts they make are outstanding, but without support, I ask my clients to use scan bodies from companies who have better support. I usually furnish a basic set of DESS scan bodies to any new clients to make my life easier.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I just print the abutment as part of the model. No need for analogs except for holding the abutment during cementation.
We cement on all our crowns on the model. Also, for this case, I needed to print a model first and then I will rescan the case in to design the bridge with DESS ti bases. The doctor used two different types of scan bodies which made designing the case from the scan impossible.

Top Bottom