How do I add a custom logo to a Vacuform Mouthguard

E

epiclab

Reaction score
Hi All, I wanted to use a Buffalo vacuform machine with Buffalo or Pro-Form material to make a sports guard. After I do the first form, I will add the name and logo, but which material do I form over the first sheet? Can you give me advice on the sizes of the first and second forms? So my first would be .160" and then my second form would be which material and what thickness to go over the logo and the name of the player? Thank you in advance.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ok, never done a logo myself, I would imagine you are making an athletic soft mouth guard EVA material? What is the logo printed on? I would dual laminate two of the athletic mouth guards together with the logo in between. Now the issue here is you want to use a simple regular vac form? This type of appliance is more suited for a positive pressure vessel. On the old school vac former you will need to flip the hot sheet to have a decent bond and the previous suck down will also need to be pliable and accepting of the other material cold and hot wont have good bond. Best technique for this would be having two vac forms going and switch the warmed model before vac. You need to leave these materials for 10 minutes and allow to cool together otherwise they will delaminate.

I use a drufomat and the protocol is to form both then leave under 90psi for 8 min. My answer would of been sorry and referred them to an ortho lab that does this kind of stuff more regularly.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I found this on the search bar here on DLN. There is probably more. I would use an erkodent or as @JKraver said a drufomat.

O

OrthoSleepSup

Reaction score
Hi All, I wanted to use a Buffalo vacuform machine with Buffalo or Pro-Form material to make a sports guard. After I do the first form, I will add the name and logo, but which material do I form over the first sheet? Can you give me advice on the sizes of the first and second forms? So my first would be .160" and then my second form would be which material and what thickness to go over the logo and the name of the player? Thank you in advance.
Did you ever figure out a great protocol for this? We have a regular Proform and a Biostar and have tried the Centrifuse kit before but feel like there has got to be a better way. Thank you!

Top Bottom