Nobody perfect

I asked my owner to get more money.
He said most ceramic tec gets 28.
I do 6 -7 PFM crowns in a day.
Sometimes more than 10 units.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
All relative to speed, quality, leadership...and still it comes down to what the boss lady or man is willing to fork over. I think LMT does national averages for here in the states, not sure about Canada though (especially since your Trudeau rate of currency has fallen of late).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

All relative to speed, quality, leadership...and still it comes down to what the boss lady or man is willing to fork over. I think LMT does national averages for here in the states, not sure about Canada though (especially since your Trudeau rate of currency has fallen of late).
Venezuelan food stamps are now our currency.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

I asked my owner to get more money.
He said most ceramic tec gets 28.
I do 6 -7 PFM crowns in a day.
Sometimes more than 10 units.
To be honest, when you mentioned pfm, you sent a chill down my spine.
I'm not sure I would be asking for a raise at this time.
Then again you may be last tech on the planet that still makes them.

sndmn2

sndmn2

He is of a dying breed...
.. mark my words, 40 years ceramic tech here... in another ten years I'll be worth more than now.Laugh.. saw it happen with my dad in another field but same kinda situation....still do about 15 or 20 a month for a local lab... anyway back to original poster.. now a days you'll probably have to get paid for quality rather than quantity because there is less there.... $28 an hour for 6 -7 crowns is decent in my book. You dont mention whether or not you can handle 10-12 crowns , single or bridge on one arch..

Contraluz

Contraluz

.. mark my words, 40 years ceramic tech here... in another ten years I'll be worth more than now.Laugh..
Oh, I agree. Doing a lower, 7 unit screw retained pfm implant bridge, as we speak...

doug

doug

Simple google search show that $28 Canadian is around $21 US, so there's that to compare.

Tradewindj

Tradewindj

Yes, Dying breed indeed. I have four ceramist's to layer PFM/ZIR. One ceramist has moved to digital/implants and one is working in dentures now. The two ceramist's remaining at $28-30 hourly for 12-14 excellent units a day.

P

PLB

I’m still doing pfm’s for a couple of accounts in NH. $28-30 (US dollars) sounds about right. I agree that it’s now about quality vs. quantity.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom