hot glueing ziconium to titanium

J

jamie newlands

Reaction score
HI guys, I am looking for advice for a hotglue / ceramic fuse to fuse zirconcad etc to titanium mesostructures like tibase etc? all input and advice greatly received.

thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are you talking about a Ti base to milled Zi abutment? If so we use 3m's RelyX, seems to work perfectly.

J

jamie newlands

Reaction score
Hi John.

Thanks for the reply. I am talking about tibase and milled zirc. Are you using sirona tibase or another companies? I have been using relyx too. just dont know about long term? Are you sandblasting the tibase beforehand etc? whats your zi and ti surface treatment protocol? WE currently rocatec (sandblast) the fit surface of the tibase, same for the zirc, then hfl the zirc , silanate and then use rely x. What do you think about how it will be long term?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The Ti bases I have used are via my Procera system for competitive abutments that are non Nobel. The bases for straumann come indexed and the zi fits with extremely close tolerances. We use 50mic alox on the ti and thats it. I imagine the Rocatec and the etching is not needed unless there is a tremendous amount of slop between the zi to ti base interface.

I am sure it can't hurt but I have yet to have a base delam from the Zi.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The color of the sandblasted Ti is not for me!

I leave it shiny. Way too dark Grey with blasted Ti.

Thin Zirconia looks poo on that, even with Opaque shade A3 Rely-X Unicem.

Chit, I wish I could Opaque the Ti with A2 or

Gold anodized surface.

Scott

J

jamie newlands

Reaction score
hi scott

have you ad any issues of debonding?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No. Not at all. Made hundreds of them.

I would always add something in the Ti to "clock" the Zirconia, like channels, or ribs, or ?? if necessary?
Never just a smooth tube. It's pretty darn locked onto the base.

The Yellow capped Rely-x is most excellent! There is no etching of anything in my cement. No need for Rocatec. We are not bonding.

Last edited:
J

jamie newlands

Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys, it gives me a great deal of confidence going forwards