Holes , small pontic holes , caves into the pontics orinto thick metal supports imake

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Everything turned out just lovely . . no more donuts holes at all , with this other bridge i heated the metal correctly but because i had like 11 ingots 3-4 ingots were overheated a bit again while i was trying to worm them all at the same time .. but still not even one hole in the pontics areas or in the sprue leading bars like i had in the last 3-4 months , just beautiful , i got a little tiny hole in the bucal of central maybe because i waxed it too thin 0.3-0.4 , next time i will do it .5 to be sure , or maybe it is because those 3-4 ingots which were overheated the hole appeared .. but this turned out 180 degrees from my other castings , thanks again for support guys , love you a lot !

aimg546.imageshack.us_img546_8099_wpq9.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
smooth your wax before spruing and you will spend a significant less amount of time finishing...is that a perosity hole in your central?
aimg546.imageshack.us_img546_8099_wpq9.jpg

Last edited:
H

howitsmade

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I always look for, how easy the skin comes off.
Like Dmonwaxa said I give NP one half extra turn on the casting machine.

So, I have overheated my NP alloy (Starbond CoS). Can I use this crucible further or should I take new one? This was my first induction cast and crucible made only one cast.
At the bottom is about 3mm thick hard alloys shell which I cant remove. What do you thing guys?