Hoissen anyone?

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
One of my docs called me this morning to ask if I knew about Hiossen implants. I have never heard of them. I guess they are more west coast? Does anyone have any experience with them? What type of abutment options do they offer? The doc presently uses Astratech and Straumann implants and I guess these are half the cost. Is Hiossen a knockoff of another type of implant? Any information would be appreciated.

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think it's Hiossen, they have a web site.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the spell check. I want info from people who have actually used their products. I know they like what they sell. :)

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
We do custom abutment for the Hiossen standard and mini, I don't know to much one the implant excepth the screws for these are expensive, I beleve it is around $40 some a screw by the time we have shipping added to them and have only found 1 supplier for the screws. From my understanding the implants are way cheeper so the screw cost is not a big deal.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
How do you fabricate custom abutments for this system? UCLA style? Can you ball park how much the abutments are? I need to give the doctor some information on what to expect if he chooses this system. He may get cheaper implants, but it might mean a larger lab bill when it comes to abutment fabrication.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Hiossen is out of Korea, here is their website HIOSSEN. Hiossen has a full complement of prosthetic parts including UCLA's. Just be carefull when ordering, Hiossen has a lot of components without indexing feature. Screws are included with each abutment purchased. Service is spotty and they are slow to ship. The implant/abutment interface is not compatible with any other system.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
We did an interface for these, we mil custom abutment. Do you design your own abutments or have a system to design them with? We just started to do these so I will need to check with the Sectretary on pricing for the screw and get back with you tomorrow, They had something weird going on with shipping. I don't thing Hiossen offer a custom abutment and we had another lab ask us to do them. Will give you a price tomorrow after I confirm a few things.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
Hiossen does not offer a custom abutment. Your doctor needs to wake up to the deals they try to push at their doctors- they tell their docs to give them $50000 and in exchange give them $100000 in credits. The problem is nothing is cross compatible with this system.

Have your docs look at real cross compatibility at Dental Implants - Implant Depot we offer Nobel Active compatible parts and implants (Logic) and Nobel Replace compatible (Vision) and Zimmer compatible (Logic Plus and Tapered)

thanks
keith
[email protected]

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Here is a link to Hiossen UCLA's and apropriate catalog numbers to make custom abutments.

HIOSSEN

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I work in a clinic with prior owner placing Hiossen. Just inserted a UCLA ('Gold Cast') abutment - screw-retained, etc. It is actually in the US as Hiossen, but in the rest of the world, know more as Osstem and very large presence in Asia. It is definitely not as cheap as you think. I feel it is a decent company, they may not have an actual tech support like R & D department like Straumann or Nobel, but product line is not bad. I think they captured lots of ideas from other company, including Straumann. Example I see would be the 'reaming tool' to remove the lip after casting to a solid abutment, and having a "A" and "B" version of half-angle for the facial wall orientation of abutment parts - just like the Straumann, and I give them credit for that although not sure who first came up with that name.
Make sure you get their catalog to use the right type of hex driver and screws and check catalog number of parts shipped, just got burned because I did not reverify catalog number of part ordered and opened it. They may take a return but doubt it, I did tell rep in my email that was not the part number I supplied in my email order . . .
LCM

L

Leal

Reaction score
Hiossen is out of Korea, here is their website HIOSSEN. Hiossen has a full complement of prosthetic parts including UCLA's. Just be carefull when ordering, Hiossen has a lot of components without indexing feature. Screws are included with each abutment purchased. Service is spotty and they are slow to ship. The implant/abutment interface is not compatible with any other system.

Hi!

Isn't Hiossen/Osstem compatible with AstraTech? Only from 4.0mm diameter (osstem) forward (compatible with 4.5mm forward Astra). The mini type is Hiossen only.
By the way I am a placing dentist and I can advise you never to use fully castable abutments for this type of fixture. Only use Castable with Cr/Co base or milled abutments. Totally castable is non-sense in a perfectly designed connection like the Astra one.

Thanks

M

muzbow

Reaction score
Hiossen Non-Hexed Temp ti abutments on backorder until the end of october according to Cust. Serv. Chicago.
Any ideas from anyone before I call this Doc?
I need to get an Occlusal Rim and Verification Jig done. Transfer Copings?Maybe?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd get regular Ti temp abutments, then just cut the hex off...:)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I have the ability to do custom Titanium abutments for this platform.

M

muzbow

Reaction score
I'd get regular Ti temp abutments, then just cut the hex off...:)
Thanks zero_zero, I've done that on smaller screw retained bridges, but was hoping not to on six sites. I appreciate your insight!

R

rich green

Reaction score
How do you fabricate custom abutments for this system? UCLA style? Can you ball park how much the abutments are? I need to give the doctor some information on what to expect if he chooses this system. He may get cheaper implants, but it might mean a larger lab bill when it comes to abutment fabrication.
Band D has ability to do both hybrid and Ti abuts. Hybrid $139, Ti $119 from model ..... from file 119/99

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
Hi!

Isn't Hiossen/Osstem compatible with AstraTech? Only from 4.0mm diameter (osstem) forward (compatible with 4.5mm forward Astra). The mini type is Hiossen only.
By the way I am a placing dentist and I can advise you never to use fully castable abutments for this type of fixture. Only use Castable with Cr/Co base or milled abutments. Totally castable is non-sense in a perfectly designed connection like the Astra one.

Thanks

Hiossen is not compatable with any other system including Astra

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Hiossen is not compatable with any other system including Astra

You are correct sir,...however,...check this out (Thank God !!)

B and D now has properly fitting Ti bases with corresponding libraries for labs to make custom abutments for Hiossen (reg and mini)They are the only ones that I am aware of at the present time ( Scott I understand has been trying to do this as well so maybe he has them now too,..don't know). Anywho,..It's a cold weld interface which appears to jive with Astra however it has a unique 8 degree taper so if you try to substitute with the Astra which has an 11 degree taper your gonna think your fine but when the doc goes to the mouth with it, surprise!!!,.... it will insert but it will be way high in the mouth and the screw will not engage. Cutting the PEEK ( not the hex) off Hiossen's Temp abutment is an option if half azzing things is your forte but if you want to have a perfect fit and you have the software to create a proper custom abutment then you need to call B and D (Origin) They have the properly fitting Ti bases and will help you to install the library(free of course) so you can do them like a normal human would...Had to do several of these bastages uslng the "temp cut off" method before this option was available and my backside is still not over the chapping( Ouch!! );)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Or you can just send them to me as well I have the B&D library and their Haas on order so y'all can send them to me and I can cut them for you.