High Remake Account?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Send a herd to their office, that should take care of them quickly.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
I am trying to get some insight on how to handle a multiple office account/ multiple doctors with a high rate of remakes or "adjustments". Unfortunately it is out of my hands to tell them we can't continue working with them.

I am sort of expected to try to work with them however I see no end to this and I am growing frustrated. :(

A lot of cases come back for open margins, open contacts, crowns not fitting, etc.

The issues most likely originate on their end as we don't have this problems with other offices. We do have remakes every now and then with other offices but nothing even close to this account.

Their problems are mostly bad impressions and preparations. The list is big. If you have seen 3M's Impression Troubleshooting Guide you could check most of the issues in there.

I have told the dental office owner about the issues I see (multiple times) and some tips but they are clearly just ignored. I still see that there is no effort to improve their preparations or impressions. Maybe the owner tries but the other doctors don't follow? I don't know...

What would be a good way of dealing with this?

I often feel they need to find a "coach" of some sort to help them with these issues. Is there such a thing?[/QUOTE
I might even suggest (depending on how bad you want to keep this account, or the owner for that matter)...but what I'd suggest is start snapping photos over a two week period. Take pictures of the good, the bad, the ugly. Then it's time to get the office manager on the phone for a lunch n' learn...nothing explains shlt better than looking at the toilet after the dirty deed has been done. If they don't change after that, you can't help 'stupid' ~Ron White :)

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Few years ago, tired of hearing “send me the model I would like to see where is the problem “ I bought a dinolite digital microscope. It takes photos from 10 to 200 x and you can email them and add notes etc. I never had to explain myself anymore, if the job goes ahead it NEVER comes back (unless they pay for it). Best money I ever spent. I never understood what they expecting to see that I couldn’t (I have numerous microscopes in my lab and I’m not even sure they use loupes).That stress is long gone.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I bought a dinolite digital microscope. It takes photos from 10 to 200 x and you can email them and add notes etc.
I agree. I am not using a microscope, but my cellphone. While I don’t get a 200x magnification, I get images like this, which explains the issue in question quite well:

Attachments

• AEF074F5-A635-476E-BBC0-59C9D65B6AA2.jpeg
    AEF074F5-A635-476E-BBC0-59C9D65B6AA2.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 2FAB664C-80C0-4A1D-99B4-9B907F9EA4EC.jpeg
    2FAB664C-80C0-4A1D-99B4-9B907F9EA4EC.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 05A5A9C9-0CF8-46B0-B166-CBB2145943EA.jpeg
    05A5A9C9-0CF8-46B0-B166-CBB2145943EA.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 62
  • E69904CB-2ABE-4318-A04C-FFFE56E47473.jpeg
    E69904CB-2ABE-4318-A04C-FFFE56E47473.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 61
  • FCDEB301-95FE-4C54-B047-D9D11E1B90FC.jpeg
    FCDEB301-95FE-4C54-B047-D9D11E1B90FC.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 56
wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
on the two middle pictures, impression and poured model I'm guessing, it looks like class V abrasions that the doc didn't drop the margin below. Is that a typical "margin' issue? That situation can be very difficult to read read in the impression.

On the cases without enough reduction, how about giving the doc a new package of burs? I did that once a very long time ago and it worked.

Anyway, good luck and, well, no true words of wisdom unfortunately, as in a group practice it's all about
billable time in the chair and the all mighty $$$$

C

OOPS, guess this isn't in reference to the original posting, oh well

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
OOPS, guess this isn't in reference to the original posting, oh well

:) No problem... As a matter of fact, it was in reference to the microscope comment. I use the scope on a daily base, but don't have one to take pictures with. However, I found the iPhone (I am sure there are others working as well, as my three year old iPhone) very useful in communication with the Drs. I haven't used my DSLR for that purpose in a very long time. The pictures are a mere reference to what can be achieved.

on the two middle pictures, impression and poured model I'm guessing, it looks like class V abrasions that the doc didn't drop the margin below. Is that a typical "margin' issue? That situation can be very difficult to read read in the impression.
Ant that is what happened. Doc decided to leave it as is.

On the cases without enough reduction, how about giving the doc a new package of burs? I did that once a very long time ago and it worked.
Good idea! This Doc doesn't have that issue, though. This is a 'one off' situation and unique case.

Top Bottom