Help Wanted High-End Nashville Dental office looking to add a Lead Technician for fixed dept, Immediate hire

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I tried being world renowned once, but the guys already there gave me no respect...because I didnt follow protocol and submit 10 dollars to the add in the comic book.
The Rodney Dangerfield of lab techs?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Part that stands out here.

2 years in lab.

CDT

Who was ready for a cst test in two years?

I know it's minimums and wants, but that's tso very different ends of the envelope.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I took and did very well with mine at the two year mark from school. It’s been almost 20 years now and I still look at what I submitted and think it’s garbage. Lol. I keep a display of “lessons” from these past years to remind myself and stay grounded. Fortunately there are fewer and fewer these days.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I took and did very well with mine at the two year mark from school. It’s been almost 20 years now and I still look at what I submitted and think it’s garbage. Lol. I keep a display of “lessons” from these past years to remind myself and stay grounded. Fortunately there are fewer and fewer these days.
I still have the 1st gold crown I ever made from 2008. I thought it was beautiful. Then. That one was dreadful. But I was shown with it what could be improved and the second one I made on that case/tooth was deemed good to deliver. So maybe there was something good to letting me cast and go all the way through the process.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I still remember going to the local lab with the First partial I ever made. I was so proud of it!! The owner, now my former boss, scoffed at the “A” and said it should’ve been given an F! He later became my true mentor and a very generous boss. Despite our many disagreements over the years he was and is my real “teacher”.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I still remember going to the local lab with the First partial I ever made. I was so proud of it!! The owner, now my former boss, scoffed at the “A” and said it should’ve been given an F! He later became my true mentor and a very generous boss. Despite our many disagreements over the years he was and is my real “teacher”.
I too was super blessed woth an amazing pair of teachers. Husband wife team.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
didnt hear that..

Y

Yuugen

Reaction score
That sounds like a Dream :) If Canadians are allowed I'll have go for sure

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
How many units expected for the 60k? How many for 90k?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wonder how things worked out for @skidoc in Aspen. I know he was ready to step up for a solid tech.
Where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano..

The pass-through on small rural ski towns doesnt make for employees that stick around. I could list a handful of friends that have lived in Aspen at one point or another, 'for a couple years'.. Skidoc was from NY .. so I wonder how often he would be there? 6 mo/yr? Associates? I would love to hear how this worked out also ..

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Maybe I’m dating myself
But 60k after only 2 years
Think I was around 24 k at that time in my career
2yrs experience in this field is nothing
Not going to find many techs capable of running a dept with that limited time

TheMK

TheMK

Reaction score
This full-time position. MUST HAVE DENTAL LABORATORY CAD/CAM EXPERIENCE.
We are searching for a candidate to grow with our 2 other lab technicians, for years to come.
Hi-Tech, clean, and friendly, family-like environment,
Great working conditions, excellent compensation, and benefits package

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Scan and design work orders according to Doctors prescription requests, using
CAD /CAM technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
be able to scan implant fixtures, design and fabricate custom abutments and crowns and multiple bridges.
Read work prescriptions and examine cases to determine the design of dental restoration
Scan, design, and fabricate dental prosthesis using CAD / CAM software and technology
be able to finish zirconia after milling, staining glazing, ceramic layering, etc

SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of 2 years dental laboratory experience as a laboratory technician, or prior experience working for a dental implant manufacturer, or CAD / CAM designer
Experience with 3shape, Exocad, Zirkonzahn and any other desktop scanners and software
Experience with 5 Axis Milling units
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred (not required)
CDT degree preferred (not required)
Experience in a regulated environment preferred
Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, must work together and communicate with all other departments throughout the lab.
Ability to identify and problem solve independently and within a team environment.
Ability to work on multiple tasks, and complete them by following strict timelines.
Must be willing to continue education with C/E events and seminars
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience:
laboratory: 2 years

Compensation:
based on experience, negotiable,

60K - 90K plus 401K package, dental coverage, paid vacation and federal holidays.

Hi PeyRay, have you found anyone yet for this position?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
last seen oct 2019 imma go ahead and say they did.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ive never seen one of these positions work out well.always the pay was great for a while and then i got divorced because i never got home or there was always a catch on how they were payed 2 years experience isnt enough for that job..

G

grantoz

Reaction score
unfortunately m6 ive seen it happen a few times now ,those kind of positions tend to put a lot of pressure on the tech and and their family .for every 3 or 4 that start i see one work out.

S

skidoc

Reaction score
I wonder how things worked out for @skidoc in Aspen. I know he was ready to step up for a solid tech.

I always wonder when I see help wanted ads. Everyone thinks they are 'high end'. Youre not going to fill that slot with two years experience. Then theres the great attitude, pleasant atmosphere, etc. Want a great tech? Youre likely going to get someone with issues.

Dont give me that crap youre thinking right now...we all have some broken parts. This isnt a paint by numbers job. We are successful because we are artists. We are a bit fringe, and thats part of why we are successful.

All good here in Aspen! Our lab is about 4-5 years old, producing some amazing dentistry. But still a one man lab with some minor outsourcing for digital stuff. Speaking of that, we would keep the digital stuff in house if we had a digital guy/gal. My guy is really an analog guy and would love to increase our capacity by going digital one of these days.

user name

user name

Reaction score
What is the going rate for someone with 10+ years experience in CAD/CAM just out of curiosity and able to stain and glaze?
Any one skilled in any trade should be in the 100-120k from what I know. In our biz, if you have skills, you dont need to work very hard to go well past that.

user name

user name

Reaction score
What is the going rate for someone with 10+ years experience in CAD/CAM just out of curiosity and able to stain and glaze?
I should elaborate. Ive seen many techs work who have 10+ years experience that isnt something Id want my labs name on.
Theres a big difference between 'able to do' and 'good'.