Help Wanted High-End Nashville Dental office looking to add a Lead Technician for fixed dept, Immediate hire

Peyray3D

Peyray3D

Reaction score
This full-time position. MUST HAVE DENTAL LABORATORY CAD/CAM EXPERIENCE.
We are searching for a candidate to grow with our 2 other lab technicians, for years to come.
Hi-Tech, clean, and friendly, family-like environment,
Great working conditions, excellent compensation, and benefits package

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Scan and design work orders according to Doctors prescription requests, using
CAD /CAM technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
be able to scan implant fixtures, design and fabricate custom abutments and crowns and multiple bridges.
Read work prescriptions and examine cases to determine the design of dental restoration
Scan, design, and fabricate dental prosthesis using CAD / CAM software and technology
be able to finish zirconia after milling, staining glazing, ceramic layering, etc

SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of 2 years dental laboratory experience as a laboratory technician, or prior experience working for a dental implant manufacturer, or CAD / CAM designer
Experience with 3shape, Exocad, Zirkonzahn and any other desktop scanners and software
Experience with 5 Axis Milling units
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred (not required)
CDT degree preferred (not required)
Experience in a regulated environment preferred
Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, must work together and communicate with all other departments throughout the lab.
Ability to identify and problem solve independently and within a team environment.
Ability to work on multiple tasks, and complete them by following strict timelines.
Must be willing to continue education with C/E events and seminars
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience:
laboratory: 2 years

Compensation:
based on experience, negotiable,

60K - 90K plus 401K package, dental coverage, paid vacation and federal holidays.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like a dream if nashville wasnt getting so crowded Id be there. Good luck!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
this should show how few techs there are left to do jobs like this.. anyone jumped on this yet?

Peyray3D

Peyray3D

Reaction score
this should show how few techs there are left to do jobs like this.. anyone jumped on this yet?
Seriously, a dream job with so much potentials to grow and be a world speaker and not a single applicant from DLN 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m trying linked in next.🤷🏻‍♂️

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Or maybe how few want to move from the gig they have or their environment.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I expect that even at the top number it's not enough. That isn't a 40 hour week, nor is it a 50 hour week.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Or the compensation is a bit light.
im not fully aware of the cost of living in Nashville....but in TN as a whole thats a pretty decent wage. There just arent techs out there looking to make moves. well, not many. and none i know of on this site.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Most members here are lab owners techs, unless they move with their labs though🤔

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
marcusthegladiator took one of these positions and now we never hear from him, he needs a vacation to get on DLN.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
also this ad had over 2000 views so people have seen it..

user name

user name

Reaction score
I wonder how things worked out for @skidoc in Aspen. I know he was ready to step up for a solid tech.

I always wonder when I see help wanted ads. Everyone thinks they are 'high end'. Youre not going to fill that slot with two years experience. Then theres the great attitude, pleasant atmosphere, etc. Want a great tech? Youre likely going to get someone with issues.

Dont give me that crap youre thinking right now...we all have some broken parts. This isnt a paint by numbers job. We are successful because we are artists. We are a bit fringe, and thats part of why we are successful.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Seriously, a dream job with so much potentials to grow and be a world speaker and not a single applicant from DLN 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m trying linked in next.🤷🏻‍♂️
unfortunately there's not a lot of glory in being world renowned, only more travel and burnout.
I would put an ad in LMT

user name

user name

Reaction score
I tried being world renowned once, but the guys already there gave me no respect...because I didnt follow protocol and submit 10 dollars to the add in the comic book.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
marcusthegladiator took one of these positions and now we never hear from him, he needs a vacation to get on DLN.
he needs a vacation to get on DLN.or a sick leave!.where is Marcus by the way?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So 2th, What you are trying to say that 3shape is a life sentence😊
Lol, have you ever read any of the posts on 3Sheep user's group on FB? A lot of posts, what's the work around for this bug?, how do I fix this?, Seems like hard labor to me. I have enough to keep me busy with regular case problem solving. I don't need software bugs to squash as well.

Props to Sevan and a few others exterminating bugs and showing other users the way through the murky depths of Danish slumgullion.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I thought he started his own gig finally? He put up the floorplan and showed pictures. Did it fold?