HI...whats the best for Pour Denture technique...

L

Leo C

Reaction score
Hi.. Lab friends!!! Going to start pouring a few of my cases in my lab...especially for partials. The amount we are currently doing is about 10 to 12 partials a month. Some are Treatment partials (all acrylic) . Gonna bite the bullet and purchase a Hydrocolloid machine. UGH...!
In your Dental experience, which machine? and which "Pour Acrylic" is the best? Going to do partials...and also few Dentures. Im looking for strength, stability, and color durability. I always appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you ! LEO

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
There aren't any good pour acrylics, they don't come close to compression pack, and definitely no where near close to injected.
Pour = Poor

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I use excel pour for partials and lucitone hippa for immediate fd’s. The final fd’s get packed in diamond d.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I agree. ‘Poor’ dentures. For us poor folks without a pd off house.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Years ago when I was smarter than I am now :) I accidentally placed bulk Ivocap self cure into a capsule instead of the heat cure powder and processed, to be honest it turned out looking great but was a redo because I used the wrong powder. It did have Ivocap heat cure monomer so not sure what the quick cure liquid would do. If I was going to make poor dentures :) I would try the ivocap with self cure (I said try and wouldn't try on anything important until you knew it would work ok),just saying...

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
check the techniques please.
there are quite a few of them.
from molds with cast silicone, putty, agar and silicone with plaster.

deserves attention
dreve -castdon with 6 bar pressure machine and lubricated silicone.

Kulzer - with excellent palaxpress ultra

Merz - premeco line with sealed agar cans

Candulor - you must know it, crs10 !! Polymaster, special flask for purable, but work more like traditional pack and Press.

You can also use just putty silicone and achive good result.

purable acrylic has not been poor for a long time.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
check the techniques please.
there are quite a few of them.
from molds with cast silicone, putty, agar and silicone with plaster.

deserves attention
dreve -castdon with 6 bar pressure machine and lubricated silicone.

Kulzer - with excellent palaxpress ultra

Merz - premeco line with sealed agar cans

Candulor - you must know it, crs10 !! Polymaster, special flask for purable, but work more like traditional pack and Press.

You can also use just putty silicone and achive good result.

purable acrylic has not been poor for a long time.
Pour will always be poor. It will never be as strong as compression packed or injection.
We will have to agree to disagree. Cheers

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Pour will always be poor. It will never be as strong as compression packed or injection.
We will have to agree to disagree. Cheers
Let’s say there was a new acrylic that was ten times stronger than injected ivocap, only it took twice as long to process. Who would switch to that?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Let’s say there was a new acrylic that was ten times stronger than injected ivocap, only it took twice as long to process. Who would switch to that?
That would be over night processing, and it's done all of the time. Only thing is, it's not ten times as strong. But, it's still better than pour.
You can also microwave in 3 minutes.

Last edited:
L

Leo C

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your comments. I agree overnight processing is always the best. I notice it when i am finishing it. The acrylic just seems so much denser and harder. Its like my white wheel has a hard time cutting it. I use Diamond-D heat cured acrylic and its amazing. I have also incorporated ProBase Heat cure, and my dentures have also processed in a very dense condition. I just wanted to start pouring my partials with a nice dense material, and your suggestions have helped me. Have used HIPPA in the past and have been happy with the results. Going to try Excel next to see how things turn out. Thanks again for your help..!!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your comments. I agree overnight processing is always the best. I notice it when i am finishing it. The acrylic just seems so much denser and harder. Its like my white wheel has a hard time cutting it. I use Diamond-D heat cured acrylic and its amazing. I have also incorporated ProBase Heat cure, and my dentures have also processed in a very dense condition. I just wanted to start pouring my partials with a nice dense material, and your suggestions have helped me. Have used HIPPA in the past and have been happy with the results. Going to try Excel next to see how things turn out. Thanks again for your help..!!
Only problem with Excel hi-pour is they have one shade. And it's the old "matches lucitone 199" but it doesn't match. I swear we have some very colorblind people in this industry when it comes to shades. Expect Excel to be that light reddish pink color like Lucitone Fas-Por+, if you know what I'm talking about.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Who cares.... The standard press pack heat cure is plenty strong. You are solving a problem when there isn't one. Problem with pours is the acrylic does not adhere to the composite and even high line hard (Portrait) teeth. It depends on the porosity of the cheap butter teeth to bond. Use the correct teeth, clean them with monomer before pouring and you will have a good product. I always press pack... lol

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I was making the point of diminishing returns. Maybe we’re making the same point.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am interested in hearing about it...

Top Bottom