Hey Kids, Don't attempt this at home!

• Thread starter RetainerDesigner
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I destroyed my beautiful new pressure pot! Stupid me, I left the air inlet valve "on" and went and turned on the compressor. Got back and forgot to turn the valve "off"; the pressure built up without me knowing...the pressure release gasket which usually goes off at 40 lb of pressure...didnt. This is what happens to a pressure pot at about 50-60 lb of pressure.
I was sitting right next to it when it when off. THe good Lord was looking out for me, because even as the pressure pot "shrapnel" gouged a chunk out of the over head cabinet and the ceiling and the wall and the door and the opposite wall...i wasn't touched!! I did get wet though, all the heated water dumped into my lap ( I may have peed my pants too, but i will never know ;) and I had a ringing in my left ear for about an hour.

Notice what it did the the heat plate?

"Where's my sign?"
DSC03305.jpg DSC03306.jpg DSC03307.jpg DSC03308.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
Why do you tell people you did this??? I will keep this for future use against you, you know. When I need a laugh, I can bring up the twit in Texas.
I thought you were going to get a Gl pot. What the **** are you waiting for???
If you don't get a GL pot, be sure to put a pressure regulator right next to the pot, attached before the pot. Set it to 25 and check it now and again.
Next you will by a motorcycle like Travis did. Then we'll see both your butts on COPS show.
Don't do this kind of Douche Bag Stuff!!!
Mike.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why do you tell people you did this??? I will keep this for future use against you, you know. When I need a laugh, I can bring up the twit in Texas.
If you don't get a GL pot, be sure to put a pressure regulator right next to the pot, attached before the pot. Set it to 25 and check it now and again.
Next you will by a motorcycle like Travis did. Then we'll see both your butts on COPS show.
Mike.

Yeah, what he said......lol Wow brother, that is some craziness right there.

B

Brian8

Reaction score
I have always been tempted to blow up my pressure pot but could never come to do it, but you not only blow it up you sit next to it. Nice!

Brian

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I have always been tempted to blow up my pressure pot but could never come to do it, but you not only blow it up you sit next to it. Nice!

Brian

Im a brave (stupid) one!

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Mike.

I tell as a public service:) But, i bet most of the "public is smarter than me, but you never know!**
I've been procrastinating on the GL pot, waiting for a good deal i guess. I ended up having to buy a new pressure pot from walmart that night and making a new one so i could finish my work.
Good call on the pressure regulator I already have one on the line coming out of the compressor, I ll see what I can do with that.

**This stupidity is copyright 2008 and may not be repeated or duplicated in any way. All counterfeiters will have their remaining fingers removed and remaining eardrum punctured as punishment.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
LOL...........your disclaimer was hilarious.........LOL

L

labdude

Reaction score
Cade,
Now you have another of the same thing.
I have an older pressure pot, leaky seals that you can deal with, grease them with vaseline etc. Legs can be removed to place the unit on a heat plate. I don't have the old electric cord, it was adjustable as well.
It has all the correct pressure parts in all the right places. Use this pot, you will need a quick connect part to connect to your air supply line that matches the one on the pot, or,.......
Take all the parts off it, take them to an auto parts store, match up and buy some tap and die goodies to set ALL the parts in your Walmart pot. Use ALL the parts.
I'll be sending it out to you by Friday, 3/7.
No complaints, no refusal accepted.
Important part of this message to keep....
Adjust pressure by pulling on the yellow knob till it pops out a bit, twist this to adjust pressure. Gauge on top of pot shows internal pressure. When set where you want it, push it back in (25 lbs. is good) this locks pressure in place. It doesn't matter how much pressure you supply to the pressure adjuster, high pressure won't get past it, unless of course you don't clean it up enough (it has been it storage),or you just plain want to SEE it blow up, then you can adjust the pressure gauge while you watch. The lid whenit takes off will likely take parts of you with it.
Party on,
Mike.
You make it look real easy to get a CDT!!!:D:D

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
You make it look real easy to get a CDT!!!
You guys are too much!
Cade, you are one lucky guy. You have to have a regulator on your pressure pot. No doubt about it. Next time you might not be so lucky. I bet you wet yourself. How is your ear?
Thanks for sharing, you fed yourself to the lions but a good reminder for us all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom