Hey, cad/cam fans can you like this?

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Here is my one day wax ups and finished Emax full press done by myself. Can CAD/CAM do like this?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I can design the file and send it to someone who can mill it or cast it for me as well. While they are doing that I can still wax another case by hand and same day press and finish it if I have to..... but I don't have to.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I does look very good by the way.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Nice Ed! Cad can do perfect anatomy every time that space is available. Takes me about 10 to 12 minutes to scan and design. Kick it to the Roland and keep on going. I scan and design about five crowns an hour on a low average. So you can see how productive cad can be. Nice work though.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hey Ed. The third molar looks like a first with three buccal cusps. But the one you waxed up on the second molar look like a second. Do you make them look like a second even though all of them have three buccal cusps? We always make all the molars look like lower firsts when the third molar has three. Just wondering. Beautiful waxups by they way! You're talented.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We cads have just taken you pics and entered them into our tooth libraries. We can now make crowns that look just like yours. BWAHAHA!

We owe you one!

alashawnbarber.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_11_the_borg.jpg
alashawnbarber.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_11_the_borg.jpg

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
To those who bragged about amount of units...I forgot to write that this are not all my cases for a day and not just a molars ....bwhahaha. Besides we make and order on a side some CAD/CAM too, but admit it they looking like a peace of stone, and not like natural ones.LOL. It is just a hint of my daily work.Thank you for the comments.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Nice Ed! Cad can do perfect anatomy every time that space is available. Takes me about 10 to 12 minutes to scan and design. Kick it to the Roland and keep on going. I scan and design about five crowns an hour on a low average. So you can see how productive cad can be. Nice work though.

I know and perfect margins..... I work mostly with ugly cases,but patients dreaming about Hollywood smile anyway.Thank you NicelyMKV.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
If they look like peices of stone then someone needs to be fired from the cad cam bench lol;) nice work though

D

dhdc

Reaction score
ed3,you clearly have no idea what you are talking about,and presenting 2 average looking crowns,then trying to put down a system that can produce better,faster,stronger and more consistent work shows a lack of knowledge.Perhaps you are fishing and im the only bite,but seriously.....head out the sand

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
ed3,you clearly have no idea what you are talking about,and presenting 2 average looking crowns,then trying to put down a system that can produce better,faster,stronger and more consistent work shows a lack of knowledge.Perhaps you are fishing and im the only bite,but seriously.....head out the sand
said the internet....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
....so is denial of cadcamers,but I understand no one can admit after getting big loan to buy your droids:p

Well Ed I can assure you that I would never invest that amount of money to lower my standards.In fact I would say that hiring someone with less experience at a higher salary than my scanner costs is lowering one's standards.
I was not about to do that,in fact since my system is open,I can chose only to work with the best milling centers which will provide me with the best quality materials and the best accuracy that meets my 10x microscope's standards.
I used to think the same as you, in fact I am on record here making basically the same comments as you are.Nothing wrong with that.
To paraphrase Obama, " I have evolved" in my thinking.Yes I look at that monthly check and I can tell you I have absolutley no regrets in making that decision whatsoever.
Quite frankly Ed I wish more labs shared you opinion of cad/cam . The less competion I have the better.
Stay thirsty my friend!

aforums_denverbroncos_com_image_php_ecef44f62902c5d45a56a2a41abb866c._.jpg
aforums_denverbroncos_com_image_php_ecef44f62902c5d45a56a2a41abb866c._.jpg

D

dhdc

Reaction score
hey ed,heard about the new thing.........brass dowel pins,crazy stuff.Where will it all end

Last edited: