Help with Kavo Everest

M

macmuelas

Reaction score
Good evening, I have the system-Kavo Everest and I decided to Open it, I have decided on a scanner and dental reveng Exocad in the CAD and CAM Sum3D for, I have many doubts if I hit my choice, I had many problems with Kavo and did not want back to them.
Especially with Sum3d, commercials and Dellcam Hyperdent Sum3d not tell me that I can think it's a bad software and give me problems colisones etc.
As Exocad is much worse than 3shape? I have not much doubt.
Anyone have this combination in Kavo? work?
Sorry for the translator and thanks.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Good evening, I have the system-Kavo Everest and I decided to Open it, I have decided on a scanner and dental reveng Exocad in the CAD and CAM Sum3D for, I have many doubts if I hit my choice, I had many problems with Kavo and did not want back to them.
Especially with Sum3d, commercials and Dellcam Hyperdent Sum3d not tell me that I can think it's a bad software and give me problems colisones etc.
As Exocad is much worse than 3shape? I have not much doubt.
Anyone have this combination in Kavo? work?
Sorry for the translator and thanks.

Hi, I have 2 KaVo units, and have just bought Exocad/multiCad for my scan pro.We keep looking at new cam software but have not made the leap yet. I dont see a real need to change the cam on the system unless you are doing lots of implamt bars as it works very well as is. I dont think sum3D is the way to go with the Everest as at this moment in time it can not make use of the built in tool laser. Delcam say they can open it up for about 12k GBP and Hyperdent say they will match it. I think it should be ran on Hyperdent as thats what runs it now, just very old version of it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I use SUM3d. I have learned alot playing with KaVo and SUM3d.

It is for experienced user maybe? Not for employee who is new.?

I have revenge scanner and exocad. I like it also.

One year to learn SUM3d, but I am not finished.....still more. (Powerful, but maybe too many option for new user? Be patient)

This is what I asked for. If you can learn sum3d with KaVo....you can do anything.

All other mills are easy from that point. I can go get almost any mill and have my way with it.

Yes, it was hard at first. I will not joke about that, but now is easy.

I am scared to sell KaVo and watch someone go through that along with no help. They may not enjoy the learning curve of FULL-Open CAM.

Scott

Last edited:
M

macmuelas

Reaction score
Thank you for answering so soon.
If I chose to multiCAD is because I do not want relations with Kavo in the 8 years I've been to Everest 5 years I spent with the problems from the start, the customer service is lousy in Spain and now leaving the system tell us that Everest our system can not open us to buy Artica, I refuse. In others we have no possibility of using new materials and prices of materials are expensive and limited Kavo, we can not at the expense of Kavo, I've been suffering too long to Kavo.
You can not use the laser to measure the tool? . The distributors have told me anything about this, I'm waiting for the technician to come to Italy to install it, yesterday they told me to do a modification on the milling machine!.
Not that I fear the learning curve but I have 5 years of suffering and I do not want to be wrong.

Thanks, Jose

O

Oneofmany

Reaction score
Hallo Jose,

I see your problem and where you are coming from, what we did 3/4 years ago was get dentmill from delcam that was for the CAM part, whe then could mill what we like to mill for the price we can get it for.
We did some hardwear update of our selfs like new rolling holders for Zircon and E-max
Now we are at the point to change the CAD system, we will go for 3shape if we can get it for a good price.

the customer service is lousy in Spain
IF you go for a open system you will have less suport so be ready for it ,your system will be the only one in spain ;)

hope it helps you in your quest.

Thanks One:cool:

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
What problems are you having? if its software then KaVo will log on and sort it out for free, if its hardware then you can sort most things out yourself. Just ask and someone will be able to help, we change/fix boards, clean/unblock spindles. Clear blocked pipes. Removed the scan base from the scanner and removed the camera (twice, dont ask) and got that repaired. You can fix most problems with the Engine and scanner yourself, just need to sit down and think about it. A couple of weeks ago we took the laser out cleaned the lense and replaced it then recalibrated it. We also use a lot of non OEM stuff for the Everest that saves us a lot of money. The Everest is the most "open" closed system I have ever seen.

O

Oneofmany

Reaction score
@ #6 k2 Ceramic Studio
A couple of weeks ago we took the laser out cleaned the lense and replaced it then recalibrated it
Man!
We hade a leak some time a go and the laser got full of coolant ,the rest was the same as you did ;)

@macmuelas
A good tip would be, do you know of other Kavo everst users in Spain who would like to go open? if so work togethere it will work for you and them..

Thanks One:cool:

M

macmuelas

Reaction score
As the scanner is as accurate as the manufacturer says implates? , Of which I have been seeing only what matches imetric; 3Shape dismiss it as a milling center of which I am client told me that your scanner is not very good but I think their software is better than Exocad, also do not understand that after spend € 30,000 if you do not pay the € 2000 per year you get off work, I think it is abusive.
In connection with Sum3D if you can not be measured with the laser cutter, how can I ensure the accuracy of milling? Anyone know if Hyperdent if you can use the laser.
Thank you all for your responses.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
As the scanner is as accurate as the manufacturer says implates? , Of which I have been seeing only what matches imetric; 3Shape dismiss it as a milling center of which I am client told me that your scanner is not very good but I think their software is better than Exocad, also do not understand that after spend € 30,000 if you do not pay the € 2000 per year you get off work, I think it is abusive.
In connection with Sum3D if you can not be measured with the laser cutter, how can I ensure the accuracy of milling? Anyone know if Hyperdent if you can use the laser.
Thank you all for your responses.

I don't know who told you the scanner was not very good, but they are very wrong. It has always given us fantastic results and we scan in milled bars with it every day and get perfect results. So I can only think it was another manufacturer :confused: and not a user who told you this. If it was a poor scanner then Exocad would not have teamed up with KaVo to let people use it(no one wants to have a reputation damaged) We do R&D work all the time and are working with some global dental names at the moment to get products bang on for you to start buying next year. And guess what - all the test pieces that are being used are all scanned on a Scan Pro. So me thinks it's more than good enough. As for Hyperdent: Yes they can use the laser, they install third pary software onto your engine that allows them to send the hyperdent software straight to the IBH controller, so it thinks it's a normal job that the scanner has introduced. Dentmill say they can now do the same and are now able to do it without any hardware changes. As for Sum3D you will need to ask Scott how he got around the laser problem, I did read that he was playing with a Renishaw probe. Pete

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think he was saying scans from 3shape were not accurate enough for aaligning the implant stuff.

I use old-school manual setting of tool legnth if tools are changed. We make G-code program to jog the Z-axis down to touch something of known location and thinkness.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I think he was saying scans from 3shape were not accurate enough for aaligning the implant stuff.

I use old-school manual setting of tool legnth if tools are changed. We make G-code program to jog the Z-axis down to touch something of known location and thinkness.

Ah my bad, thought he was on about the Pro not the 3shape. like the old school testing Scott how many units can it mill before you need to re check the z axis, is it more than happy to run through a full puck of work?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...dry milling with regular old tools, not coated for wet-milling.

We get up to 60 unit until failures. (Emuge non-coated)

The tool does not get shorter during milling.

I make Ten tools all the same legnth with Digital Micrometer and handpiece.

Carbide 6mm thick is HARD!! I set One tool....then go through the other Nine without checking.

All this does for 3+1axis milling is make the coping +/-.002 thicker or thinner. Has no effect on internal fit.

For Five Axis....you have to check all the time, because tool is on One of the Rotary axis in KaVo. (Spindle swings around in Circles)

M

macmuelas

Reaction score
I meant to 3shape scanner.
My question about dental Revenge scanner is that the scanner is looking cheap and nasty, their specifications are the best but I think your software is slow and complicated.
Whoever can not use the laser with 3d Sum bastente fear me because I will work with 5-axis and humid.
The price is a bit determinannte for my choice (although I think I'm repenting):
Sum 3d: 6900 €
Hyperdent: 19500 €
Delcam denmill pro: € 21875
Another doubt is developed Exocad the Fraunhofer Institute and partners who do exactly what each one better or Exocad develops differently.
Kavo Exocad is the same as the ZFX or Zirkonzahn or Simple3dent etc. ..

S

Sadia1446

Reaction score
What problems are you having? if its software then KaVo will log on and sort it out for free, if its hardware then you can sort most things out yourself. Just ask and someone will be able to help, we change/fix boards, clean/unblock spindles. Clear blocked pipes. Removed the scan base from the scanner and removed the camera (twice, dont ask) and got that repaired. You can fix most problems with the Engine and scanner yourself, just need to sit down and think about it. A couple of weeks ago we took the laser out cleaned the lense and replaced it then recalibrated it. We also use a lot of non OEM stuff for the Everest that saves us a lot of money. The Everest is the most "open" closed system I have ever seen.
Hi

S

Sadia1446

Reaction score
Hi ,
We have a Kavo and recently started playing up, it mills couple of crowns ok but then the burs automatically changes it’s position to right/left, therefore the crowns are not being milled properly
Any suggestions ? What could be causing it?

N

noidea

Reaction score
does the everest scan pro require powder spray (titanium dioxide) on the model before scanning?

Top Bottom