Help wet milling recommendation

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Hi , I need to mill veneers, as thin as possible, which is the best wet milling machine for the job ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Never found a way...always press or platinum foil them when they need to be thin.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Can sintering also be an issue? As far as it not warping from being too thin, even with a slow up and down heat and cooling rate? In that case, it may just be quicker to press or use platinum foil. Maybe a Cerec MC XL using blue block could do it.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Thank you all, it is an important decision to buy the ideal milling equipment, I have seen on the internet that the vhf N4 milling machine can mill 0.1 mm -0.3mm vaneers with 3 um accuracy . Can anyone give an opinion?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what you want is a precision CAM solution for milling veneers, because theres 2 methods:

1. mil in wax, press the wax
2. mill the final product

some people mill wax, some people mill the final product whatever that material happens to be.

more than a machine, you need to be supported by CAM engineers who take your situation seriously and can work with you to create the best results.

milled veneers is not always a solution you can buy out of the box when you buy a mill+CAM software.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you all, it is an important decision to buy the ideal milling equipment, I have seen on the internet that the vhf N4 milling machine can mill 0.1 mm -0.3mm vaneers with 3 um accuracy . Can anyone give an opinion?
It sounds like you're wanting to do no prep veneers, thin veneers consistently in regards to making that a priority for the mill.

Mill them in wax and press them, leaving yourself enough thickness for facial anatomy, especially lobes and ridges which is hard to get properly with such thin veneers.

Also, how about the thickness to block out discloured prep shades?
Again, is there any issue in sintering thin veneers, and do we have a 10 year track history of bonded zirconia veneers?

It's just my opinion, as I recently bought a 2nd back up pressing oven.

Last edited:
D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
It sounds like you're wanting to do no prep veneers, thin veneers consistently in regards to making that a priority for the mill.

Mill them in wax and press them, leaving yourself enough thickness for facial anatomy, especially lobes and ridges which is hard to get properly with such thin veneers.

Also, how about the thickness to block out discloured prep shades?
Again, is there any issue in sintering thin veneers, and do we have a 10 year track history of bonded zirconia veneers?

It's just my opinion, as I recently bought a 2nd back up pressing oven.
Yes , you are right , press vaneers is the best way. But I want to buy a wet milling machine to get this service to my lab.
Which machine do you think is better, Roland dwx 42w or Cerec mcxl ? For the veneers job.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes , you are right , press vaneers is the best way. But I want to buy a wet milling machine to get this service to my lab.
Which machine do you think is better, Roland dwx 42w or Cerec mcxl ? For the veneers job.

MC XL is Sirona, so it's probably locked in with their system. My friend I use to rent space with had two of them. They pretty much just used it for blue block crowns. I believe he pressed his veneers. But I am not a fan of anything Sirona. I'm not sure about the Roland as my main mill a VHF K5.

It's a new week, so maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

Top Bottom