Help! .stl

T

TeethForYou

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope someone could give me a sense of direction or better understanding on how I could begin importing .stl files into my dental laboratory. I just got into exocad and aside from scanned models, I’d like to begin importing from a website or a doctors e-mail if wanted. I know it’s very much possible, but I don’t have anyone I could reach out too.. Im also aware of the various types of intraoral scanners so where would I need to start??? I hope one of you are kind enough to hop in this conversation. Thanks a ton!

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Generally speaking, every scanner has its own web portal that you will need to create an online account with and you will be able to download stl's from there. Just find out the scanner your doctor is submitting with and go from there. I do know that 3M is a little more involved than others and will require you to download there software and I believe they still make you go through a little online course on margin marking, it's super quick and easy. Email is an easy enough way to recieve stl's but I would definitely stick with the web portals where they exist.

I can't comment on importing the stl's into exocad as I am not an exocad user, but in terms of getting an stl from a doctor, it is super simple

T

TeethForYou

Reaction score
Generally speaking, every scanner has its own web portal that you will need to create an online account with and you will be able to download stl's from there. Just find out the scanner your doctor is submitting with and go from there. I do know that 3M is a little more involved than others and will require you to download there software and I believe they still make you go through a little online course on margin marking, it's super quick and easy. Email is an easy enough way to recieve stl's but I would definitely stick with the web portals where they exist.

I can't comment on importing the stl's into exocad as I am not an exocad user, but in terms of getting an stl from a doctor, it is super simple
Right on! In regards to exo-cad, I’m sure I can easily open up the .stl within the folder I save them in. I’m going to look into it, thanks. If anyone has some more advice they can add-on, please feel free to drop it down in the thread.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We download the stl files, open them, extract the files, set up the case project in Exocad, save, and then drag and drop the selected files right to the project page.

Top Bottom