HELP PLEASE! Which printer to get Sprintray Pro 55 or Asiga Max UV

H

HawkeyeDDS

Reaction score
I have the SprintRay 95 for my dental office. Printer, wash/dry and cure are all nice. Their Rayware software sucks though!

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I'm currently having this issue and I know a lot of these posts are older so I want to refresh this and ask again. My current decision is between Sprint Ray and asika. I cannot justify the fact that asika is almost double the price and the materials that I want to use are available on both printers. Anyone used both of those two? Or have a particular preference?

T

teeeejaay

Reaction score
The guy earlier in the post said he has both Asiga and Sprint ray and he prefers Asiga. I also was wondering why I would pay $13k for a printer when Sprintray deal was like $7k i believe.

I didn't like the salesman saying sprintray was the best printer in the world. its not... I dont like lying salesman. The asiga people were more honest.
Sprintray is really good at hyping this thing up especially with Dentist side. Lab side we usually go with Asiga. Its totally worth the 12-13k for Asiga. No issues yet. Open source so you can use so many different resins.

If $ is a issue just get the sprintray. Im sure itll work fine with your workflow.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I'm currently having this issue and I know a lot of these My current decision is between Sprint Ray and asika.
I too am in the same boat. I keep coming back to Asiga for the numerous good reviews, accuracy, and open system.

My biggest concern was Asiga making a 5 year old printer obsolete once a few more years pass and they make a newer Max UV printer. So I reached out to Asiga headquarters and received a comforting response. He said “all our products receive lifetime support”. In the US the price for an Asiga Max UV is $10,200 and the Sprintray 95s is $8,995, the difference is $1,205. To me being fully open, lifetime service and nothing but good reviews from lab techs (not sales reps or doctors) is worth it.

FYI Sprintray doesn’t offer lifetime support because I was informed my Moonray S (2017) will no longer receive support come December. So if that applies to all printers that’s about 5 years of service before your on your own.

T

teeeejaay

Reaction score
I too am in the same boat. I keep coming back to Asiga for the numerous good reviews, accuracy, and open system.

My biggest concern was Asiga making a 5 year old printer obsolete once a few more years pass and they make a newer Max UV printer. So I reached out to Asiga headquarters and received a comforting response. He said “all our products receive lifetime support”. In the US the price for an Asiga Max UV is $10,200 and the Sprintray 95s is $8,995, the difference is $1,205. To me being fully open, lifetime service and nothing but good reviews from lab techs (not sales reps or doctors) is worth it.

FYI Sprintray doesn’t offer lifetime support because I was informed my Moonray S (2017) will be no longer arrived come December. So if that applies to all printers that’s about 5 years of service before your on your own.
You'll love it.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

FYI Sprintray doesn’t offer lifetime support because I was informed my Moonray S (2017) will no longer receive support come December. So if that applies to all printers that’s about 5 years of service before your on your own.
You won't be disappointed, the Asiga Max has been a little work horse for us, so much so it's time for us to get the Clydesdale version Pro4k. Can't wait. Look forward to hearing your thoughts about the Max when ya get it.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score

Let’s talk about “fully open”- do you intend to support liability claims based on your printer?

Fully open, meaning you can adjust or modify the printing parameters makes a difference when producing medical devices (directly).

Look into FDA listed processes and ensure your device is listed in the IFU- that’s the safest way to protect your investment.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Lets talk about fully open. You are not limited to company's own materials and can use others with dialed in settings.