HELP PLEASE! Which printer to get Sprintray Pro 55 or Asiga Max UV

T

teeeejaay

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first post. I own a small dental lab and wanted to upgrade from my current Form2 printer.
Anyone have any of these 3D printers? (Asiga Max UV, Sprintray Pro 55, or Form 3B) If you have one of these printers do you have any issues to look out for? Would you suggest buying it?
I'm currently doing mainly crown and bridge work, implants, and probably looking into printing clear night guards, implant guides, and temp crowns/bridge.
I don't need a insanely huge platform for printing, but I would like the most accurate. Anything that prints quicker then a Form2. My lab turned into 90-95% digital now so I have been printing all the models. Thank you in advance
Sprintray running a promo $9,095 (Ill include a pic)
Asiga is about $11k right now I believe (does not come with the other accessories like the sprintray promo)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I’m also looking as my formlab form3’s are pure garbage!

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
I have the Asiga UV and couldn't be any happier, I rarely have any failed prints, and when I do, it's my fault, the support is AMAZING.

T

teeeejaay

Reaction score
I have the Asiga UV and couldn't be any happier, I rarely have any failed prints, and when I do, it's my fault, the support is AMAZING.
Thats good to hear thanks for the feedback. You using it for crown a bridge work? Is the print sharp enough? You printing at 50 microns or 100?

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Thats good to hear thanks for the feedback. You using it for crown a bridge work? Is the print sharp enough? You printing at 50 microns or 100?
Removables, mostly 50Microns.

D

DerekJ

Reaction score
Our lab also upgraded from the Formlabs 2 to the Asiga. Incredible difference. As @eddydy mentioned, any errors I've had have been my fault. A heads up I wish we had is the resin trays have an RFID sticker that bricks the tray after so many prints.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Thanks! Any issues youve had so far? Anything for me to look out ofr?
I’m a one man show. Print all the things you mention except nightguards. The accuracy is excellent, although I still tend to margins as needed for microscopic fit that I prefer on stone dies scanned from poured models. With intraoral scans I trust the designed fit and verify on printed model. As far as issues. None from printer. Have great support from Whipmix for setup, learning and trouble shooting. You’ll need a dedicated space for printer and cleaning equipment for prints. It’s messy and smelly. If your unfamiliar with prints, don’t expect the detail of poured models. Everything will have surface detail like a fingerprint texture. As far as price difference for the machines your considering. Asiga is completely open to all printable materials. So, being able to use cheaper ones existing if you like and any new ones make up that difference and justify cost imo. Not familiar with openness or lack of from your other choices.

Edit. Got lost in my reply. I see that you are definitely familiar with printing.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I’m a one man show. Print all the things you mention except nightguards. The accuracy is excellent, although I still tend to margins as needed for microscopic fit that I prefer on stone dies scanned from poured models. With intraoral scans I trust the designed fit and verify on printed model. As far as issues. None from printer. Have great support from Whipmix for setup, learning and trouble shooting. You’ll need a dedicated space for printer and cleaning equipment for prints. It’s messy and smelly. If your unfamiliar with prints, don’t expect the detail of poured models. Everything will have surface detail like a fingerprint texture. As far as price difference for the machines your considering. Asiga is completely open to all printable materials. So, being able to use cheaper ones existing if you like and any new ones make up that difference and justify cost imo. Not familiar with openness or lack of from your other choices.

Edit. Got lost in my reply. I see that you are definitely familiar with printing.
Are there different parameters the printer needs for each material? Or you just load models and it prints the same irregardless? prolly a dumb question but I hit burnout awhile ago and haven't been keeping up as i should.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The parameters are usually changed when the new material is selected. You have to change the tray and build platform for each material.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Are there different parameters the printer needs for each material? Or you just load models and it prints the same irregardless? prolly a dumb question but I hit burnout awhile ago and haven't been keeping up as i should.
What affinity said. Plus depending on your needs for detail, faster print with less, slower for more when you input settings for a print. I haven’t updated firmware yet. But I understand that it allows for more control to get speed in unimportant areas (model bases) and detail (tooth and tissue) all within the same print. Also has simple flow to add new material parameters. Whipmix also has said will help for process of creating my own settings for a new material if I wished. Probably more than I care to deal with. Easy enough to download settings from asiga site. Tip: I learn a lot watching asigaexperts on fb.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
It would be great to hear from someone who has the Sprintray pro 55

V

VanMan42

Reaction score
We have 2 Sprintray pros and an Asiga Max. Love them all have not really had many issues with either. I prefer My Asiga over the pros mostly because the software is more reliable and does not crash and the accuracy is better (more customizable is a better way to put it). As others mentioned the asiga is completely open with materials which is a huge bonus. Honestly you can't go wrong but if you don't mind a smaller build platform I would get the Asiga Max.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
We have 2 Sprintray pros and an Asiga Max. Love them all have not really had many issues with either. I prefer My Asiga over the pros mostly because the software is more reliable and does not crash and the accuracy is better (more customizable is a better way to put it). As others mentioned the asiga is completely open with materials which is a huge bonus. Honestly you can't go wrong but if you don't mind a smaller build platform I would get the Asiga Max.
Thanks so much! How often do you find you are using a different company's materials?

V

VanMan42

Reaction score
Thanks so much! How often do you find you are using a different company's materials?
Somewhat often. I use some stuff directly from Asiga then some Nextdent, dentca, and whipmix resin. I love the BEGO perm c&b resin as well. Lucitone print resin will be available for both sprintray and asiga by the end of the year.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Somewhat often. I use some stuff directly from Asiga then some Nextdent, dentca, and whipmix resin. I love the BEGO perm c&b resin as well. Lucitone print resin will be available for both sprintray and asiga by the end of the year.
Nice!
It’s looking like that’s going to be number one on my list. Thanks