Help grade my work.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes you are right it's very much PTC. Everyone's work is almost identical and I want to shine a bit. The boss is a PTC trainer and it's his bible. I will certainly "do my best" to get near Al's work. I will see what the big boss man will say when I go off the PTC. Thank you for the reply everyone.
You are destined for better things than cookie cutter PTC crap my friend. Fight the good fight no matter what the bossman says

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with PTC...if you got the market for it...then it go for it...;)

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Look at your surface finish then look at Al's. Hit your crowns with some flower pumice and felt wheel on slow-speed bench lathe. Ole Willi's technique calls for adding brasso to the pumice.

jSon

jSon

Reaction score
203c07cf2a1b4b73a6fe0d0cf799d8c6.jpg
I hope I can call this an improvement.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
203c07cf2a1b4b73a6fe0d0cf799d8c6.jpg
I hope I can call this an improvement.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think this looks pretty good, If I were your manager and you brought this to me, I would ask, why is the tissue gone on the solid model? Your central embrasures look like they go to the tissue but its hard to tell with the model trimmed. The line angles are too straight IMO. By trimming the solid, your losing all of the valuable info there. Namely, the long axis of the root, which the crown of the tooth should follow.Your centrals long axis are like this: l l or even this:
/ \when they should be more like this \ / , to put it simply.

Take an untrimmed, or slightly hand trimmed model with a bard parker, and see if your crowns fit. If not, they are going to inflame the tissue, and this makes patients angry. Put a neck on your G 1/3 with a rubber wheel. Dont fear thin margins.. You may never get to see it, but im willing to bet an xray of this would show you a lot more. Make sure contour follows the root.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Open up the gingival embrasures, they look a bit square to me. Make sure you kick those interproximal contacts to the lingual.