Help for buying a milling machine

M

mmosad12

hi everybody,
I am thinking to buy a new milling machine
I have 2 options
1-amann girrbach matik
2-i mes i core 350i Loader PRO+
I want to know your opinion and reviews about these milling machines.
Thanks in advance

G

genesis1

I have a motion 2 and I have had nothing but problems. I bought it new last year. It totally crapped out today. After all day on the phone with AG support they say "it may need a new control board and want me to pay. Luckily my rep from EP is stepping in to help. Supposed to have a 3yr warranty. It has chipped margins and various other problems since it was installed last February and all they do is try to blame it on everyone and everything else. Tech support at EP told me it was probably the control board all along. Their technicians are awesome, but AG itself sucks. Hope this helps.

F

FASTFNGR

hi everybody,
I am thinking to buy a new milling machine
I have 2 options
1-amann girrbach matik
2-i mes i core 350i Loader PRO+
I want to know your opinion and reviews about these milling machines.
Thanks in advance
For dry milling get Roland with eyes closed. Very dependable.

Affinity

Affinity

I hate to say I saw it coming with amann, but that mill got too popular too fast, and it sounds like they tried pumping out a lot of machines, with nobody to support them here.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
I have a motion 2 and I have had nothing but problems. I bought it new last year. It totally crapped out today. After all day on the phone with AG support they say "it may need a new control board and want me to pay. Luckily my rep from EP is stepping in to help. Supposed to have a 3yr warranty. It has chipped margins and various other problems since it was installed last February and all they do is try to blame it on everyone and everything else. Tech support at EP told me it was probably the control board all along. Their technicians are awesome, but AG itself sucks. Hope this helps.
Why not speak with JZ and get EP on board as a sponsor here?

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

I too have a AG Motion 2.
Sounds like you may have a lemon.
Have to say, mine has performed flawlessly.
I purchased mine from EP too.

digvijay

digvijay

i would recommend Matik with closed eyes!

Last edited:
digvijay

digvijay

go with Amanngirrbach anytime for the tech support and technology !
yes its fast too!
otherwise for customised option market has lot of alternatives available though you need to invest initially some time and resources !
my 2 cents!

G

grantoz

zirkonzahn their training is spot on

A

Andymg

I saw a Dyamach DT2 on ebay for cheap maybe its a good option

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Firstly, buying a used machine is always a crap-shoot with the shooter usually losing.
To many unknowns. i.e.:
was it properly maintained? What was the maintenance schedule?​
what service has been performed and when?​
what have the service or problems/issues been in the past. Any that seem to be repeating?​
was it abused in terms of materials processed and how aggressively?​
what are the spindle hours?​
what is spindle warranty?​
spindle run-out?​
How "loose" is the machine. (grab the rotary and rotate/twist it. How easily does it move and by how much?​
what is accuracy and repeatability now?​
frequency of calibration? How close is it?​
Why is it being sold?​
what software comes with it. If it is supplied what is the cost to legally transfer it to you?​
who supports the machine locally for tech support? What is the quality of support?​
who supports the machine locally for service? What is the quality of service?​
What is the cost of support?​
What is the cost of service?​
more...​

I gotta say, in this case, you just put three words together, that when it comes to milling machines, serve as fair warning: used, ebay, & cheap...

Saving a few bucks for someone else's (unknown) problems is really not saving anything but costing you more significantly more money in terms of: down-time, repair, lead times, quality, reputation, lost customers, etc.

Of course, you could get lucky. Question is, can you afford to risk it? If it's your first machine, most defiantly get something new of high quality that has good support- you're going to need it. Buying a used machine, you are most likely left out in the cold to fend for yourself. Believe me that is a nasty place to be.

If you are in the USA, and have an interest, we could talk about a deal on one of our Versamill's. Either way I would really stay away from a used machine, particularly any available on ebay. But, like I said, you could get lucky......

Best of luck
Steve

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom