Help for buying a milling machine

J

josepedrojesus

Reaction score
I'm researching to buy a new milling machine. I'm looking at vhf r5, imes icore pro + and ivoclar PM7.
Which ones do they advise?

Thank you

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Others here know more about mills than I do, so for me, it would also be about who would provide the better support that I'd need.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We are planning on buying the PM7. I have heard from trusted sources that they are using and like that mill. Also, just as Car 54 said, Ivoclar's support is top notch.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we have a pm7. we had some bad luck with our first and second units being faulty. but the new one is working perfectly fine, and very happy with it. very versatile, can do metal, emax, pmma, zircona, wax, both wet and dry. and of course, ivoclar's support is top notch.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
we have a pm7. we had some bad luck with our first and second units being faulty. but the new one is working perfectly fine, and very happy with it. very versatile, can do metal, emax, pmma, zircona, wax, both wet and dry. and of course, ivoclar's support is top notch.
So do you use it wet and dry and for all of those materials?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Did L man tell you to write that?hahahaha

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Nah. Ive just used 350 with 0 problems ever, and the guys at axsys genuinely are the best in the business with their support and knowledge.

But its dependent on cam for me.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
So do you use it wet and dry and for all of those materials?

we currently use it dry. boss doesn't like milling emax, so haven't had to use wet yet, but we can.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I'm researching to buy a new milling machine. I'm looking at vhf r5, imes icore pro + and ivoclar PM7.
Which ones do they advise?

Thank you
I always believed in Japanese product, Roland is the one for me for dry milk. 3years and not even a sneeze.

D

ddsTech

Reaction score
josepedrojesus,
I researched mills for 2 years before purchasing the Versamill 5XS 5-axis mill from Axsys Dental Solutions about 3 years ago. It's been a true workhorse mill and the tech support at Axsys has been fantastic! They respond to my questions quickly and always have an answer that keeps me running. The great thing is that I almost never need help because the mill and templates work so well. You need a quality mill and equally qualified and responsive tech support to make an investment like this pay off. You should definitely talk with the Al Morad at Axsys before making your final decision. Do your research and ask a ton of questions before your purchase.

Feel free to PM me or ask more questions here on this forum if you want to hear more about my experience with Axsys and the Versamill.

Mark

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
We've had the PM7 for several months and love it!!

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
check out the Amann Girrbach Matik…. its a beast!
Its also around the same price point of the PM7, and it got a 36 blank library!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I looks pretty nice, but I worry about all the moving parts, just more to go wrong.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
As long as I have a lot of experts checking in, I have a Preciso 205(VHF K5). The problem I run into is sometimes it loses connection with the software(CNC). It was upgraded with the new board and ethernet connection. I currently have the mill connected to the computer through a switch(netgear Pro jg5624). Sometimes when running a job, it just pauses and when I try to stop program with the red button in the CNC software, it doesn't respond. I have to shut down the machine with power switch and use task manager to stop software and restart.... sometimes it doen't wreck anything and sometimes it does? Jensen has looked into with no luck, anyone else have this issue, I just don't get how the software loses connection with computyer as I said it requires me to open task manager and manually end task, to which it says not responding.......Thanks in advance!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
As long as I have a lot of experts checking in, I have a Preciso 205(VHF K5). The problem I run into is sometimes it loses connection with the software(CNC). It was upgraded with the new board and ethernet connection. I currently have the mill connected to the computer through a switch(netgear Pro jg5624). Sometimes when running a job, it just pauses and when I try to stop program with the red button in the CNC software, it doesn't respond. I have to shut down the machine with power switch and use task manager to stop software and restart.... sometimes it doen't wreck anything and sometimes it does? Jensen has looked into with no luck, anyone else have this issue, I just don't get how the software loses connection with computyer as I said it requires me to open task manager and manually end task, to which it says not responding.......Thanks in advance!
I have the preciso 200 (4) and every once and a while the mill will freeze with spindle, air, and vacuum still running. The problem is a the file window to select a disc pops up all by itself. As soon as I close that window the mill starts cutting again. I'm not sure why that window pops open and why the mill freezes but it has prevented me from trusting the mill to work at night which sucks. Doesn't sound like your problem exactly but maybe there's a window or program that turns on in the background?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Jensen has checked the logs and cannot find anything that points to the interruption? I thought a managed switch might help, but it only happens maybe once or less a month. When u say a disk pops up, you mean the CAM opens and asks you to select a disk?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Jensen has checked the logs and cannot find anything that points to the interruption? I thought a managed switch might help, but it only happens maybe once or less a month. When u say a disk pops up, you mean the CAM opens and asks you to select a disk?
yep

R

rohcy1022

Reaction score
Have PM7 and only used for eMax blue block and denture milling. The wet milling needed more frequently maintenance like collet cleaning, milling chamber cleaning and coolant replacement etc. but milling results are awesome.

Top Bottom