(HELP) chips on the crowns

P

Persik

Reaction score
Hi! I have some problems with my crowns.
1. I am using rolland 52d and 3d shape pro
When i mill crowns with strongly marked prepline(idk how to call it, i mean this margin line between to purple lines on crown) it seems like ok(photos 1 and 2)
Rd6oH.png
Rd6Tk.jpg
, (probably small chips, but it is ok),but when i mill crowns/bridges with bad prepline detection even if i detect it manually, they mills it with this chips.(photos 3 and 4,5,6)
Rd6KW.png
Rd6y6.jpg
Rd6y7.jpg
Rd6zA.jpg
What can be a reason of this problem?
And one more question. When i import stl to millbox what is this lines doing? Can i delete all of this lines and save only cylinder/cap cylinder and 2 margin lines?(ph.8 and 9)
Rd635.png
Rd633.png

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Many factors, but If this was my problem. I'd follow this order.
Tighten/calibrate milling machine
Replace with brand new burs
If it keeps doing it I'd reduce feed rate, try again
Then if it keeps doing it after all that I'd be on the phone with my reseller because it's a cam strategy flaw. Hope this helps and when you get it sorted you will have to come back and tell us what it was.

P

Persik

Reaction score
Then if it keeps doing it after all that I'd be on the phone with my reseller because it's a cam strategy flaw. Hope this helps and when you get it sorted you will have to come back and tell us what it was.
Seems like 2mm bur is chipping on first steps of mill and then 1mm bur cant fix it(it mills less then 2mm crashed)

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
This is what I would do as well

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Did you run a simulation. That might help you find the issue. It will pull up a list of potential errors or interferences.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Calibration, cleaning collet and grease, try new bur. Are you using cheap bur like the 70$ ones? Never use those. Use the one from Argen or Genuine ones from Roland. Whats the spindle hours? If the mill is over 6months old try replacing the collet as well.