Hello

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Hello :)
First of all you will have to excuse my English.
My posts might be full of spelling errors...sorry
I am 28 , M, from Belgrade, Serbia.
I work as a full time orthodontic technician at Belgrade Dental College.
Looking forward to exchange knowledge with colleagues from abroad.
For my first post I would like to share photos of appliance I've bean focused on for last 6 months.
This appliance is similar to Inman aligner and uses same piston-like movements to achieve de-rotation and perfect and quick alignment of frontal teeth.
The versions of this appliance I've bean developing for some time can be combined with other appliances in many ways.
Some photos here... :)
aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_6569_dscf8721qu4.th.jpg
aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_4053_dscf8729cbk5.th.jpg aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_1257_dscf9004buu2.th.jpg
aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_6886_dscf9036dq4.th.jpg aimg211.imageshack.us_img211_2538_dscf9038bm0.th.jpg aimg205.imageshack.us_img205_806_dscf9052bna1.th.jpg
aimg509.imageshack.us_img509_5664_dscf9064vs2.th.jpg aimg262.imageshack.us_img262_7291_dscf9068bsz0.th.jpg
aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_6569_dscf8721qu4.th.jpg aimg209.imageshack.us_img209_4053_dscf8729cbk5.th.jpg aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_1257_dscf9004buu2.th.jpg aimg214.imageshack.us_img214_6886_dscf9036dq4.th.jpg aimg211.imageshack.us_img211_2538_dscf9038bm0.th.jpg aimg205.imageshack.us_img205_806_dscf9052bna1.th.jpg aimg509.imageshack.us_img509_5664_dscf9064vs2.th.jpg aimg262.imageshack.us_img262_7291_dscf9068bsz0.th.jpg

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Very nice functional appliances! You have some great ideas placing the aligner function in standard functionals.
Thanks for all the pictures as well!
Mike.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Thanks.:)

Does anyone manufacture Inman aligners or something similar?
I would like to see photos if you do.

I've seen your post about bionator manufacture.
The procedure you used is way more complicated then one we use over here. I will post photos of work procedure next weak if you are interested.
Bye!

Last edited:
trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your photos. Nice work.
I have not fabricated any type of Inman aligners.
trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
I have seriuosly considered offering An Inman type appliance and its variations. Problem for me is, I work alone, my wife does paper work. Now I'm so busy there is no time for other things. When I slow down in a few years and just work for local doctors I'm sure I will do Inmans.

Thanks for checking out the Bionator construction. I sure would like to see photos of your methods! Anything that saves time and produces a nice result is always good to learn about.

These are a lower and upper spring aligner, not complete and wires are just laying on the models, not tacked in place yet. Just to give an idea of a variation. Lower has a short wire on the lingual portion for strength behind the anteriors.
appliances 002.JPG appliances 003.JPG

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
any of you ortho studs/gals ever made some type of sleep appliance? i.e. T.A.P. appliance? Just curious is all.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Rob,
I have never made one. I have nothing but my thoughts about them. Which are, do they really work?? Probably do, GL and other large labs offers them, so maybe they do.
Seems that a snoring person most times has their mouth open, sometimes not. Just a fluttering of the soft palete. If one can create a tension in the soft palete without gagging the patient, maybe that's the answer.
No one has ever asked me to make one.
You snore maybe???
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
I have not made any sleep appliances.
Labdude is'nt that a mouse trap design for the upper arch? I do a couple spring retainers a week.
trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Trisha,
I don't know what a mouse trap design is. That gizmo is just the favorite design for the doctors I work for. Maybe it is a mouse trap.
Reset teeth as needed. Has labial acrylic, whatever clasping they choose.
Mike.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob,
I have never made one. I have nothing but my thoughts about them. Which are, do they really work?? Probably do, GL and other large labs offers them, so maybe they do.
Seems that a snoring person most times has their mouth open, sometimes not. Just a fluttering of the soft palete. If one can create a tension in the soft palete without gagging the patient, maybe that's the answer.
No one has ever asked me to make one.
You snore maybe???
Mike.

No mike i don't snore, well i guess i could, maybe i do, who knows.......lol Just curious is all, I use to work for a national dental lab and they were making those T.A.P. appliances and praising them, just thought maybe you guys knew what they were is all. Thanks for the answer though.

Top Bottom