Hello friends, What company can help making zirconium abutment on titanium platform?

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I have in front of me two cases, Astra parts. One is AQUA, and the doctor wants hybrid, to show zirconia but the screw to be torqued to a metal part. Atlantis only do the all way zirconia which she had problems breaking in the past. The competitor lab Doctor was using before me was able to do this kind of hybrid that Atlantis won't do. I can't go ask them, they were using some third party lab. can anybody help me with this information?
In my frustration I was thinking to order a very thin abutment from Atlantis and make a zirconia coping on top that I would glue, and after that my actual final emax restoration.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Nobel Biocare has a nice solution for Astra (not EV, only the Yellow, Aqua, Lilac).
They can mill a Zirconia structure with a metal adapter (needs to be cemented).
The fit is very good and the price is not bad.

You can scan and send via 3Shape or send to them for scan and design. Your local Nobel rep can tell you more.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Nobel Biocare has a nice solution for Astra (not EV, only the Yellow, Aqua, Lilac).

You can scan and send via 3Shape or send to them for scan and design. Your local Nobel rep can tell you more.
Thank you

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
A lot of milling centers will be able to mill this for you.

Tru Abutment, Argen, etc.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score

Just called them and they said they only do titanium abutment for Astra parts,not the way you mentioned, I explained it was Aqua. It looks like not all technical reps are the same...

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
A lot of milling centers will be able to mill this for you.

Tru Abutment, Argen, etc.

Tru Abutment worked from the start, very good customer service, set up the account and finger crossed the case will come out good. Thanks

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i must be missing something why not just just get a ti abutment from astra then trim which ever way you like and then glue the zi abutment on top.

user name

user name

Reaction score
i must be missing something why not just just get a ti abutment from astra then trim which ever way you like and then glue the zi abutment on top.
That's the way I do them every time.;)

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
So am I understanding right: I do order the titanium abutment from them in a super thin shape or I shape it and then make a zirconia coping, I glue it at my lab and then make the final restoration (emax crown)... it is a good idea but we pay a pricey charge to Astra on top zirconia coping and emax cost... I’m not worried about doctor’s final charge, I was looking for a more direct less time and yes cheaper for us way to do it. A zirconia abutment milled on top of a titanium base. It shouldn’t be so hard for implant companies to make it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So am I understanding right: I do order the titanium abutment from them in a super thin shape or I shape it and then make a zirconia coping, I glue it at my lab and then make the final restoration (emax crown)... it is a good idea but we pay a pricey charge to Astra on top zirconia coping and emax cost... I’m not worried about doctor’s final charge, I was looking for a more direct less time and yes cheaper for us way to do it. A zirconia abutment milled on top of a titanium base. It shouldn’t be so hard for implant companies to make it.
If you make it, you get ideal contours, and you can stain and glaze the exposed part emerging from the tissue to match the final restoration. Much nicer.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
If you make it, you get ideal contours, and you can stain and glaze the exposed part emerging from the tissue to match the final restoration. Much nicer.
It makes sense, I will do it for the next case, in this research endeavor I found out that companies other than Astra can make you a quality titanium abutment at half price, which is something new to me, it’s a learning process for me here on implants and I thank everyone for any kind response.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
manny i think you need to do a bit more research as you cant use super glue in the mouth it has cyanide in it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
cute dog by the way!

user name

user name

Reaction score
manny i think you need to do a bit more research as you cant use super glue in the mouth it has cyanide in it.
What did I miss? Where did he say he'd use super glue?

Im reasonably sure it doesn't have cyanide in it, but I could be wrong. I know some super glues are used for medical applications. Methyl and ethyl variants are normal super glue; butyl and octyl variants are the medical ones.

I actually...by accident, super glued my finger to my nose last week while doing model work, so...

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I called “the glue” short for cement I use which right now is Multilink Automix.
As for the dog he’s a sweet puppy and I challenge you to name the breed.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I called “the glue” short for cement I use which right now is Multilink Automix.
As for the dog he’s a sweet puppy and I challenge you to name the breed.
What did I miss? Where did he say he'd use super glue?

Im reasonably sure it doesn't have cyanide in it, but I could be wrong. I know some super glues are used for medical applications. Methyl and ethyl variants are normal super glue; butyl and octyl variants are the medical ones.

I actually...by accident, super glued my finger to my nose last week while doing model work, so...
No superglue used on implants or anything going in the mouth, ever. Hopefully it was a joke by grantoz and I’ll take it that way.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
terrier i dont know

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
9C16A1BE-61A9-4F50-BFB5-F4126C80DA3E.jpeg
terrier i dont know

The breed name is “Coton de Tulear”, I know it’s off topic but I can’t help it, he enriched our life and emptied my pocket but it is really worth it, a special friend...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
dogs are never off topic my mutt is a big part of our lives too