damn
My boss buy a CADCAM system from AG
and I seem a new cam called exocam... and very different with SUM3D
does anyone know this cam?
like modify tool ? strategies? thank you

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
EXOcam is the same platform at the camming software for AG mills. Both use the ModuleWorks platform so both camming softwares are the same pretty much(except color and layout). As as far as I know both camming softwares dont have any setting were you can add modified tools and the strategies are pretty much locked in the software and are material based. We use Exocam with our Roland DWX-50 and with the roland software that actually ran the mill(VPanel is the same of software that ran the mill) it has the option to adjust your feedrate and and spindle speed while milling. I know the camming softare from France called GO2Cam does allow you to add custom tools and choose which tools you want to use for each file you want to mill. We had a demo version to try it out, and it has alot of features but you need to know what you are doing when adding new tools and adjusting the strategies because you can mess up your machine if you change the setting and your mill cant handle new strategy or tool type. We currently run a Roland DWX-50 and 4 AG mills and havent had any issue with milling what we need to. Just have to learn the software and choose right material for the kind of strategy you want to use. hope this helps