Having issues with Roland DEX-52DCi

CroatiaDental

CroatiaDental

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in a wrong forum thread. New to the site.
I'm having issues with Roland DWX-52DCi

When milling abutments it makes them too wide so it spins on the model.

Using all original parts/burrs
Replaced spindle
Replaced X axis still same issue...

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Join the club. I wouldn’t be surprised if Roland gets sued one of these days, it’s criminal how bad their products are.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Could be milling strategy. Rolands are the most used mill in dental labs for reason, its not nearly as dire as calling them "criminal". lol

Are you milling the abutments in zirconia for over a ti base? If that's the case, and a way to remove the zirconia/sintering variable and even just trying different milling strategies try milling the abutment in PMMA. See if it fits.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Could be milling strategy. Rolands are the most used mill in dental labs for reason, its not nearly as dire as calling them "criminal". lol

Are you milling the abutments in zirconia for over a ti base? If that's the case, and a way to remove the zirconia/sintering variable and even just trying different milling strategies try milling the abutment in PMMA. See if it fits.
Maybe in the past these were good mills but there service and QC has gone absolutely down the drain. There final QC on all of there mills is done on a soft wax material, instead of milling on something like zirc. The wax since it’s such a soft material will completely mask out any imperfections in that individual units milling. Not to mention there final check involves milling out a cube, which even further masks out any imperfections in the unit.
Then they’ve removed there customer support lineto access the techs that work on these machines directly. You used to be able to get in contact with them easily but within the past year it’s impossible to get in contact with them.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Maybe in the past these were good mills but there service and QC has gone absolutely down the drain. There final QC on all of there mills is done on a soft wax material, instead of milling on something like zirc. The wax since it’s such a soft material will completely mask out any imperfections in that individual units milling. Not to mention there final check involves milling out a cube, which even further masks out any imperfections in the unit.
Then they’ve removed there customer support lineto access the techs that work on these machines directly. You used to be able to get in contact with them easily but within the past year it’s impossible to get in contact with them.
😞 Sorry to hear that. Its really too bad...

CroatiaDental

CroatiaDental

Reaction score

Same issue with PMMA

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Sorry to say I'm in the same boat, we've got a DWX-51D from CAP that's going on 2500 hours on the original spindle, mills beautifully. Our newer DWX-52D @ 250 hours is chipping margins like crazy, parting lines, etc. Replaced the tools countless numbers of times, recalibrated over and over, and of course its out of warranty by about a month. Super disappointed with Roland right now.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Sorry to say I'm in the same boat, we've got a DWX-51D from CAP that's going on 2500 hours on the original spindle, mills beautifully. Our newer DWX-52D @ 250 hours is chipping margins like crazy, parting lines, etc. Replaced the tools countless numbers of times, recalibrated over and over, and of course its out of warranty by about a month. Super disappointed with Roland right now.
I would suggest to change the spindle. You have done like calibration. I heard that if you have issues like that your supposed to replaced it.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Where did you buy the machine? Contact your reseller. Yes you cannot contact them directly anymore. The only way is to go to their website, click support, then enter your serial number. Then it will give you a form to fill up. But it will take a few days for them to reply/get back to you.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Are you using the latest DME'S from the manufacturer?
What Cam software are you using and is it up to date?
Are you changing out the burs ( especially 1mm) when indicated?
I mill on the 52 everyday and fits to ti bases are always good. The only time
they get bad, is when I have pushed the burs too far.

Hope you resolved your issues

Top Bottom