Having an issue with Sintron

K

Korearia

Hey guys I've been milling a Sintron with the dwx-50d machine since few months ago.
Milling is good but the problem is sintering. I'm using the machine called argotherm 2.
After the sintering it doesn't fit to the model well also color is almost black more darker than number 3 ( at the sinter chart which is on the Amann Girrbach website) .
What should I do in this situation..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,774 92
if you suspect the problem is your furnace, what steps have you taken to figure that out? have you examined your sintering program for errors? have you calibrated the furnace recently? have you ensured the elements are not contaminated? have you ensured a supply of argon to the furnace and the bottle is not empty and valve is open at the correct amount of pressure?

K

Korearia

I've checked the contamination on the elements and also checked the argon and the pressure too.
Only the thing I haven't checked is the calibration, can you let me know how to calibrate the machine?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,774 92
sorry but i don't know how to do that, and if its written down anywhere its on a sheet of paper offline somewhere.

K

Korearia

Oh.. I see I'll double check the manual haha.
Cuz there were no calibration kit or smthing like that.
Thank you anyway! :)

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Ratings
119 3
Are you having issues with bridges not fitting or single copings?

I believe AG does not have any type of calibration instructions for their ovens.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Ratings
29 2
Hey guys I've been milling a Sintron with the dwx-50d machine since few months ago.
Milling is good but the problem is sintering. I'm using the machine called argotherm 2.
After the sintering it doesn't fit to the model well also color is almost black more darker than number 3 ( at the sinter chart which is on the Amann Girrbach website) .
What should I do in this situation..
Try this-
  • Check your argon pressure and make sure it is not low
  • Make sure your argon is medical grade 4.6 purity or higher
  • Test that 4.6 purity is coming out of the tank, old material may have been in tank and may have diluted the 4.6 that was placed in the tank
  • Replace your powder

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Ratings
29 2
Try this-
  • Test that 4.6 purity is coming out of the tank, old material may have been in tank and may have diluted the 4.6 that was placed in the tank
  • Replace your powder
also make sure your air is running throughout the cycle if you are running at night. if you shut off your air it could change your results

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,566 45
Try this-
  • Replace your powder
I was thinking the same thing on checking the Argon purity. I weld, and expected to get a cylinder of Argon, only to find it had some CO2 and a bit of Helium in it. They assumed I wanted it that way.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!