Has the Virus made you busy?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I am a one man lab, all my offices have shut down. I haven't received any new case's in two weeks. I only work for four offices and one of them just bought their own milling machine. If things ever crank back up I'm going to be screwed lol. It's all good I believe the man upstairs will take care of me.

I would use the down time to write a new marketing plan and start throwing lines in new ponds, sounds like your first one dried up.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Went to deliver a case yesterday and right as I walked in I was told to sanitize my hands and got my temp taken. I was told, "take care of yourself too, youre an integral part of what we do here." If youre valuable, theres no reason this should end a relationship, everyone is affected. They need us as much as we need them. Luckliy I have some money in the bank to cover a couple months, very little debt, no one to lay off, no one else to rely on to come back when things start up again, and it will start up again. I see Dr-Lab relationships the same as friendships, Ive never been one with hundreds of friends on social media. Its a lot harder to maintain relationships with dozens of people, unless thats all you do. Fortunately thats not the boat I find myself in.. our county, thus far, doesnt have a single case of CV.
You're like my brother from another mother

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Let’s all plan for a lab oriented strategy. What will the future of dental technology look like?
It will look like kiosks in wmart where you place you credit card, smile for the scan, and a robot works on you while a disinterested customer service agent monitors the service.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
It will look like kiosks in wmart where you place you credit card, smile for the scan, and a robot works on you while a disinterested customer service agent monitors the service.
Ten years ago when I saw the first digital impressions with the wand being taken I imagined them in a little booth in a mall or Walmart. If you’ve you’ve ever calibrated an iPhone to your face and just move it around the arch until it goes red to green, this wouldn’t be much different. Just have them move it around until the algorithm in the program thinks there’s enough there. Person gets out closes door, disinfectant spritzes the booth once the door is closed. Boom! The printed dentures mailed to you in a week or two. They wouldn’t be anything fancy but they would be relatively cheaper option for basically throw away dentures.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Ten years ago when I saw the first digital impressions with the wand being taken I imagined them in a little booth in a mall or Walmart. If you’ve you’ve ever calibrated an iPhone to your face and just move it around the arch until it goes red to green, this wouldn’t be much different. Just have them move it around until the algorithm in the program thinks there’s enough there. Person gets out closes door, disinfectant spritzes the booth once the door is closed. Boom! The printed dentures mailed to you in a week or two. They wouldn’t be anything fancy but they would be relatively cheaper option for basically throw away dentures.

Exactly, they can probably do that now, it would be the cheapest of cheap dentures, but would be great for those who would go without otherwise. I'd be interested in owning one of those in my old age to be honest , lol. Of course there would be a legal paper that would need to be signed waiving liability and no hands touch the mouth, if they need that they would be refered to a dentist.