Has the Virus made you busy?

K

KIM

Reaction score
Baker is the creme of the crop for NDX...I know a shlt ton has changed since Doug owned the place but they still send out a half way decent product. As for Dental Arts, I got nothing...have a few of there accounts because of quality during Manager transition. The labs here in Michigan mostly do all there work here...NDX never use to send to China at all, but that CEO they had screwed them up on that deal. Now they offer it, as a sublet business model for them...which makes them dental sluts to American Dental Lab Industry, so fk them...hope all there impressions sit in customs for six months and the crowns are contaminated with the Virus. Should of taught your unemployed neighbor how to do lab work rather than selling out your trade...scumbags!!!
I think you guys mean DSG, not NDX maybe? Although it's possible both....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Boy have things changed since this thread started.
All that work that came back only to be shut down a few weeks later.
I hope everyone was able to accumulate a small buffer to carry them over but somehow I doubt it.

So the question I have is " Do you think this work will stay here or will outsourcing overseas resume if or when all of this subsides?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
There is unemployment coming, it will affect labs definitely, most dental offices are closed and skeleton staff in some. It’s tough times ahead for every body, God help us all

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There is unemployment coming, it will affect labs definitely, most dental offices are closed and skeleton staff in some. It’s tough times ahead for every body, God help us all
I met one of my drs yesterday. I have never seen her more down . She had to lay off her staff so they could get EI.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I met one of my drs yesterday. I have never seen her more down . She had to lay off her staff so they could get EI.
I know a dentist here in the North East who owns twenty dental practices that my son works with, most practices are closed, some operations are emergencies only and some with part time dental care.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I'm figuring when this subsides, our accounts with prioritize c&b to try to make money as fast as possible.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Sorry, hear you and didn't mean a thumbs up at all, only my heart is with all in this crater. Talk soon...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sorry, hear you and didn't mean a thumbs up at all, only my heart is with all in this crater. Talk soon...
I'm off to the lake tomorrow. Be back around Wednesday and we'll talk.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I'm in the UK, two weeks ago we were very busy, today I have told the staff not come in after Friday. Fortunately the Government are paying 80% of their wages whilst they are off of work. This is for an initial period of 12 weeks. Estimates of when they will be back vary from 4 moths to a year. As a Lab owner, I don't get the same help as my staff. I can take a loan or defer tax payments. Neither are much help.

Dentists should only be performing emergency treatment, there are some jokers that feel it doesn't apply to them and are continuing to prep teeth.

I'm expecting the whole country to be locked down this week. London hospitals are already at capacity. Anyone that thinks this is like "normal" flu, it's not. It's about three times as infectious with a mortality rate of at least 3%. It doesn't only affect old people, young people get it too and are dying.

Stay safe.

user name

user name

Reaction score
user name

user name

Reaction score
What was it Ben Franklin said...
Those who give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety?

Thomas Jefferson said, He who gives up his freedom for safety gets none of them.

Be careful what you wish for. Our lives changed following 9/11. Remember the Patriot Act?

Food for thought.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I know many of you feel my opinions are reckless, dangerous, careless, etc.

When I served in the Army, I was a valuable part of a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons decontamination unit. I have more than just a cursory exposure to all this.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

When I served in the Army, I was a valuable part of a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons decontamination unit. I have more than just a cursory exposure to all this.

I think you help to keep things on an even keel. So were not off one deep end or the other.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

My actions are based on a good idea of how well the Amazing Mrs would do if she was infected.

In most things I'm pretty much you do your thing and I'll do mine as long as neither of us stops the other from doing their thing by doing our own thing.

As long as you act with some sense, you cannot be infected. However, we all know how lacking in good sense the average person finds themselves.

There was a news article today something like "20x more infected than reported worldwide". Well, sorry, but YEAHHOO. That means it is less deadly, and more are asymptomatic than anyone is truly reporting!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When cases were first reported, the mortality rate seemed high, but thats because we didnt know how many actually had the virus. Now, as tests become more wide spread, and knowing many people get infected and show no symptoms, the mortality rate has fallen...drastically.
Except that’s like 10 days old and in that time Italy’s mortality rate has gone from 4 to almost 10%. I would imagine that there are many more people with the virus than the 5?,000 they have confirmed but they’ve tested a lot more people than many nations. The only absolute is that you don’t really know anything in the midst of an outbreak and if your healthcare system is overwhelmed, you’re screwed.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dr Mark Siegel (well credentialed) was on the Mark Levin radio show last evening.

Allow me to quote...

Youre being lied to. Every time someone dies in the hospital and is infected with COVID, theyre reporting it as a COVID death. Thats complete medical malpractice bull crap. We know far more people have the virus than is being reported. More than 90 percent of folks who have this virus will show no symptoms. None. The actual mortality rate from this is well below 1 percent.

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
I am a one man lab, all my offices have shut down. I haven't received any new case's in two weeks. I only work for four offices and one of them just bought their own milling machine. If things ever crank back up I'm going to be screwed lol. It's all good I believe the man upstairs will take care of me.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am a one man lab, all my offices have shut down. I haven't received any new case's in two weeks. I only work for four offices and one of them just bought their own milling machine. If things ever crank back up I'm going to be screwed lol. It's all good I believe the man upstairs will take care of me.
We know the feeling, one of our largest accounts passed away suddenly Sunday, and another one has already said they're out for 12 weeks. We are a 2 person lab so we feel your pain. Our governor has all offices closed for the next month, so who knows what we'll have to go back to.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Certainly we have the extra time to come up with out own plan B's and further our own education. Things will definitely be different on the other side.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Let’s all plan for a lab oriented strategy. What will the future of dental technology look like?