Has the Virus made you busy?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
With nearly 60% of all U.S. lab work being shipped offshore to mostly China, with customs shut down, have you seen an increase in work? A friend of mine last week stated he picked up over 50 new accounts because of it, have you?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
With nearly 60% of all U.S. lab work being shipped offshore to mostly China, with customs shut down, have you seen an increase in work? A friend of mine last week stated he picked up over 50 new accounts because of it, have you?
No. We are too small and too specific in what we do... And not in that price bracket anyways... :cool:

Interesting, though. I hope your friend can keep these accounts, once things settle again!!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm too small as well to really go after some of the corporate dentistry... However, I have had a lot interest the past couple weeks. Maybe this will make some of those Docs stay in the U.S. also, heard there was a couple labs in the u.s. that weren't telling there Docs they were sending to China behind there back...imagine those phone calls?!!!...lol

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I think most of the twerps sending to China will end up sending to Glidewell, Nat'l Dentex, and the like.
Glidewell, yuck! National Dentex NDX send s to china, so.....................We need federal regulatory on top of state regulatory to kill the race to the bottom. Need to start at the State first.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ive had customers check that i dont use Chinese products and just about every patient that comes in for a shade asks about it.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm out of the loop,,NDX ?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Well shiet fire. There are two in my backyard. D. Baker had a pretty reputable name in the 90's the last I head. And Dental Art in Lansing. Interesting . I have an account that sends his abutments to Dental Arts.. Out of the blue last week I received a screw retained case UMM.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
These corporate practices arent full of Drs most labs would want to work for.. They are contracted to send to these labs, as its all about the bottom line. I can post some pics of some of the work that comes back from china.. Crowns designed 180' backwards.. SMH

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
These corporate practices arent full of Drs most labs would want to work for.. They are contracted to send to these labs, as its all about the bottom line. I can post some pics of some of the work that comes back from china.. Crowns designed 180' backwards.. SMH
Please do, with boxes showing the guilty lab if possible.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

do it.

1582050482090.png

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Well shiet fire. There are two in my backyard. D. Baker had a pretty reputable name in the 90's the last I head. And Dental Art in Lansing. Interesting . I have an account that sends his abutments to Dental Arts.. Out of the blue last week I received a screw retained case UMM.
Baker is the creme of the crop for NDX...I know a shlt ton has changed since Doug owned the place but they still send out a half way decent product. As for Dental Arts, I got nothing...have a few of there accounts because of quality during Manager transition. The labs here in Michigan mostly do all there work here...NDX never use to send to China at all, but that CEO they had screwed them up on that deal. Now they offer it, as a sublet business model for them...which makes them dental sluts to American Dental Lab Industry, so fk them...hope all there impressions sit in customs for six months and the crowns are contaminated with the Virus. Should of taught your unemployed neighbor how to do lab work rather than selling out your trade...scumbags!!!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
"which makes them dental sluts to American Dental Lab Industry, so fk them...hope all there impressions sit in customs for six months and the crowns are contaminated with the Virus. Should of taught your unemployed neighbor how to do lab work rather than selling out your trade...scumbags!!! Laugh ( Gettin a little cabin fever are you ?)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Baker is the creme of the crop for NDX...I know a shlt ton has changed since Doug owned the place but they still send out a half way decent product. As for Dental Arts, I got nothing...have a few of there accounts because of quality during Manager transition. The labs here in Michigan mostly do all there work here...NDX never use to send to China at all, but that CEO they had screwed them up on that deal. Now they offer it, as a sublet business model for them...which makes them dental sluts to American Dental Lab Industry, so fk them...hope all there impressions sit in customs for six months and the crowns are contaminated with the Virus. Should of taught your unemployed neighbor how to do lab work rather than selling out your trade...scumbags!!!
I think the inactive Marine just made it through the hand lotion salesman