Hardware issues or don't?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Hey,
I just wanted to post this, since i am new with 3shape and 3shape does not offers that much info about hardware, i need the expertise from you or you personal experiences.
This is my problem:

Well, first this is the hardware i have:
- core i5 8th gen
- 1tb HDD ssd
- 32 gb ram
- video: nvidia rtx 2060 super 8gb

When i am designing or following up a case example video, my computer does not behaves like is supposed to based in the video, video tutorial goes smoother and do not glitches. Some times the teeth disappear, when i am working with the margin line, system take seconds to process, and it is a simple case. But i really do not know if it is hardware related or system glitches. I want your opinion first, because i do no want to invest in something i really do not need.
Thank you guys

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
who is your reseller?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
I just built the computer, because the computer in the package i think was not worthy or really expensive for what it came with.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
This is my problem:
3Shape Vroam
(Actually, I am serious. It took me months to get someone competent on the phone to go through my settings and get it some how smooth. Also, the PC that was provided with my D1000 is inadequate and under powered.)

Call them up, or your reseller, and ask them to go through the settings. This may help. One other thing I have noticed, don't have the 'occlusion marker' on. When activated, it slows down processing speed noticeably.

Serch the forum and you will find more than on thread about this issue

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I just wanted to post this, since i am new with 3shape and 3shape does not offers that much info about hardware, i need the expertise from you or you personal experiences.
This is my problem:

Well, first this is the hardware i have:
- core i5 8th gen
- 1tb HDD ssd
- 32 gb ram
- video: nvidia rtx 2060 super 8gb

When i am designing or following up a case example video, my computer does not behaves like is supposed to based in the video, video tutorial goes smoother and do not glitches. Some times the teeth disappear, when i am working with the margin line, system take seconds to process, and it is a simple case. But i really do not know if it is hardware related or system glitches. I want your opinion first, because i do no want to invest in something i really do not need.
Thank you guys
If you built it, you may have thought of this already, but you may know what I'm talking about if not:
You have a 1TB HDD or 1TB SSD?

Check for new drivers for Motherboard/chipset, videocard, HDD&SSD (yeah, really them too).
Check the event viewer ( %windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s ) for error logs and see what's going on.
Bring up Task Manager and watch what is going on, for instance are you pegging 100% disk usage due to Antivirus scans running midday?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
If you built it, you may have thought of this already, but you may know what I'm talking about if not:
You have a 1TB HDD or 1TB SSD?

Check for new drivers for Motherboard/chipset, videocard, HDD&SSD (yeah, really them too).
Check the event viewer ( %windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s ) for error logs and see what's going on.
Bring up Task Manager and watch what is going on, for instance are you pegging 100% disk usage due to Antivirus scans running midday?
I am sorry @JMN , yes is a 1tb SSD, and i am not running scans during day, i will check for error logs and monitor the task manager. By any chance do you think this issues could be related to the processor core i5 8th gen?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am sorry @JMN , yes is a 1tb SSD, and i am not running scans during day, i will check for error logs and monitor the task manager. By any chance do you think this issues could be related to the processor core i5 8th gen?
That's what you'll learn watching Task manager. 3shape is not multi-core.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
That's what you'll learn watching Task manager. 3shape is not multi-core.
I just want to discard if the problem is related with the processor, the computer they were offering me came with an i7 8th gen, and i have an i5 8th gen.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Is your memory 2x16gb? Meaning, do you have two modules of 16GB memory?

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
What memory sockets do you have those in?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
I have one next to each other @Bryce @ WhipMix , if what you mean is position, my board has 4 sockets, in groups of two, well i have my to memory sticks in one of the groups of 2. I do not have them on opposed sockets

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
If I may, which is better?
For performance, dual channel is better. For upgradeability-single channel is better. For example, 2 modules of 16GB memory are going to perform better than a single channel of 32 because the Northbridge/frontside bus have double the RAM access bandwidth. However, utilizing a single 32GB module of memory is better for upgrading later because you can simply purchase an identical module of 32GB memory and jump all the way up to 64GB while only taking up two memory slots.

As a general rule, go with multiple modules over single module memory.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
I have one next to each other @Bryce @ WhipMix , if what you mean is position, my board has 4 sockets, in groups of two, well i have my to memory sticks in one of the groups of 2. I do not have them on opposed sockets
Ok this might be causing part of the problem. You want those memory modules to be in the second and fourth memory sockets. Power off the machine, disconnect power from the power supply, use an ESD wrist-strap, and move those memory modules to the 2nd and 4th slots.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ok this might be causing part of the problem. You want those memory modules to be in the second and fourth memory sockets. Power off the machine, disconnect power from the power supply, use an ESD wrist-strap, and move those memory modules to the 2nd and 4th slots.
If you unplug the machine, and connect ground strap to the machine, you no longer have a ground strap, you and it are now floating together. Just getting pedantic.

Top Bottom