Halp! Dr. wants me to use Glidewell's shade G1 acrylic for a denture base.. Anybody got suggestions on a match?

N

nickate

Reaction score
I don't think Glidewell sells acrylic but I am checking after I post this. I'd rather cross reference to an acrylic (Hopefully a press pack HEAT CURE) I know how to process and can guarantee. Thanks!

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Shade g1 looks to be their standard shade. I would imagine it’s very close to Most acrylics original shade, or at least original Lucitone 199 shade. I would just use whatever acrylic you normally use.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just a nutty observation, but the Master Ceramist is advising you on how to handle acrylic clients desires regarding shade.:D

N

nickate

Reaction score
Shade g1 looks to be their standard shade. I would imagine it’s very close to Most acrylics original shade, or at least original Lucitone 199 shade. I would just use whatever acrylic you normally use.
Thanks for your imagination..... I needed the laugh.... and BTW you would lose this account.... Are all ceramists color blind?

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Not color blind was going by their Rx. They have 3 choices std g-1, ethnic med g-3 and dark g-4. I would be happy to lose this account if they think anything from glidewell is good or special. Bye the way I do a lot of removable work and am certified in c&b and dentures. Just trying to help so kma .

N

nickate

Reaction score
I appreciate your attempt to help. I asked a very simple question. Not trying to pick a fight-- just looking for a shade and/or product. Thank you for your response. HAND.:)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't think Glidewell sells acrylic but I am checking after I post this. I'd rather cross reference to an acrylic (Hopefully a press pack HEAT CURE) I know how to process and can guarantee. Thanks!
Had that set in my hands last week comparing for a Diamond D shade. It's super close to Diamond D's "Original"

N

nickate

Reaction score
I had my hands on the shade guide today in Dr's. office. All 6 tabs are made completely of porcelain. I am thinking this is used in cases where porcelain is added to bridgework and not a denture base shade guide. It is a loooong way away from L199 orig or DiaD orig imo. Has hints of taupe and brown in it.... def not pink.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I had my hands on the shade guide today in Dr's. office. All 6 tabs are made completely of porcelain. I am thinking this is used in cases where porcelain is added to bridgework and not a denture base shade guide. It is a loooong way away from L199 orig or DiaD orig imo. Has hints of taupe and brown in it.... def not pink.
Interesting. The ones I held were very much acrylic.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Interesting. The ones I held were very much acrylic.
Going back today.... Absolutely porcelain.I will get some pics of the complete guide(I took pic yesterday but just of the shade... turned out terrible) .... Dr. said they were $300 from Glidewell... I thought he was mistaken until I saw/held them... Very high quality. Again- I am guessing these are for porcelain gingival shades--- not acrylic.

Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Master is correct. It is for Zirconia. Not even close to traditional STD acrylics. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20191024_134108.jpg
    20191024_134108.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 19
N

nickate

Reaction score
Any suggestions for Asian gum shade heat cure would be very much appreciated!

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Asian Gum Shade = Diamond D 50% Dark + 25% Light + 20% Original + 5% Chromessence. Maybe.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Two possible choices here, I would advise dentist that you don't stock that shade, and advise whatever you have in stock... or, send case to Glidewell, advise dentist and mark up the case appropriately. Of course if you send out you have to take blame for a bad fit (or any other issue),I would ask dentist why they aren't using Glidewell and either accept case with whatever acrylic you have or advise dentist send back to Glidewell :)

Top Bottom