Hader bar processing, what's your best workflow

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We received a Hader bar case and although we have experience with them we don't get them often which means we have done them a certain way for a while. I was wondering what is the best method for processing. Here's our steps.

1) Block out undercuts up to the housing clips and duplicate.
2) Use that duplicate to process the case.
3) Break out case and rim out/ adjust for space.
4) Block out again on master model up to the clips and reline.
5) Releave and finish down.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
We used to do it that way. Lately we've been doing them in pmma instead just copying or trying and milling it out then putting on some vmlc gingiva and it has turned out pretty well. If anime is as strong as teeth and so we don't see any fracturing but if we do we can just mail out a new one. In regards to the housing the fit is so well on the bar and all we have to do is just pick the housing up with a touch of acrylic either chair side or in the lab on the model. It has worked great.

B

Bonter

Reaction score
We received a Hader bar case and although we have experience with them we don't get them often which means we have done them a certain way for a while. I was wondering what is the best method for processing. Here's our steps.

1) Block out undercuts up to the housing clips and duplicate.
2) Use that duplicate to process the case.
3) Break out case and rim out/ adjust for space.
4) Block out again on master model up to the clips and reline.
5) Releave and finish down.
No, all wrong. Block out the bar parallel leaving clips clean. Make the duplicate. Must be clean. Adjust the space in temporary base of the setup so it fits nice on the duplicate. Process and finish .insert clips in. I'm assuming there was a trying in before processing.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Follow the manufacturers instructions.

Top Bottom